Delidding for the first time

BishopGM

Finally bought a new pc so i want to experiment with the old one but not kill it hahaha.....

so i want to delid the 4690k that it has....i wont use liquid metal cause it has its down sides....

but i want to use a paste that wont degrade fast if not at all.....i was looking at the thermal grizzly kryonaut 

what do you guys suggest or think about this.....and if you got any recommendation please tell me. 

Are you having temperature issues with it? If not, I wouldn't do it to be honest. I get that you want to try it out, but in my opinion, the things required are a little expensive for just trying it out for fun...

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace

Just now, Jonas_2909 said:

Are you having temperature issues with it? If not, I wouldn't do it to be honest. I get that you want to try it out, but in my opinion, the things required are a little expensive for just trying it out for fun...

That is to say if you are planning on using a proper delidding tool.

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage

#PCMasterrace

2 minutes ago, Jonas_2909 said:

That is to say if you are planning on using a proper delidding tool.

thats not a problem cause i have a friend that going to lend me it (the tool) and i already got the kryonaut and i got an old mx4 too 

24 minutes ago, BishopGM said:

thats not a problem cause i have a friend that going to lend me it (the tool) and i already got the kryonaut and i got an old mx4 too 

I think all I have to say then is try it out and do like the instructions tell you to... But I didn't do any delidding myself yet, so rather wait for answers by some that did... 9_9 

My gear:

#PCMasterrace

4 minutes ago, Jonas_2909 said:

I think all I have to say then is try it out and do like the instructions tell you to... But I didn't do any delidding myself yet, so rather wait for answer by some that did... 9_9 

one more question cause i heard that liquid metal degrades the metal if im correct....will i have any problem with the kryonaut ...ik its not liquid metal but i would like to have this pc for 2 at least years more