The best Anti-Virus in the market

Looking for a good anti-virus for my new PC with 8700k. Something with reliable security and does not hamper the system performance. 

Been using the free anti-virus in the old machine. 

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

The one built into Windows 10 is actually pretty good, but I consider the best balance to performance is avast.

@JoostinOnline, using Avast in the old PC. One thing I noticed is that when I open the Anti-virus control panel it always shows as Turn on protection or turn on ..

Bitdefender Internet Security (you need to pay for it)

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

15 minutes ago, ZM Fong said:

@ZM Fong, Thats in my list along with MCAfee & Norton. 

Bit Defender or Russian Intelligence gathering (Kaspersky). Probably the best two paid anti viruses. As for free, they're all pretty crap. Avast is alright if you uncheck half of what it installs with by default. I'm currently trying Bit Defender free version. Free malwarebytes is always a must. 

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

17 minutes ago, ZM Fong said:

Second this

1 minute ago, Chennaiyen said:

@ZM Fong, Thats in my list along with MCAfee & Norton. 

Those are swear words on this forum ;)

McAfee has a pretty bad reputation. Norton does too, although admittedly, their product is not the same piece of crap from the 90's - it's a lot better these days.

I'd recommend Bit Defender. I'd normally recommend Kaspersky - but it depends on whether you trust them anymore (there are accusations that they allow the Russian government access to their info) - so it's up to you to decide whether you believe the accusations or not.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

Second this

Those are swear words on this forum ;)

McAfee has a pretty bad reputation. Norton does too, although admittedly, their product is not the same piece of crap from the 90's - it's a lot better these days.

I'd recommend Bit Defender. I'd normally recommend Kaspersky - but it depends on whether you trust them anymore (there are accusations that they allow the Russian government access to their info) - so it's up to you to decide whether you believe the accusations or not.

@dalekphalm, Thats the reason I did not consider Kaspersky. Looks like Bit defender has a good number of trusted users. 

10 minutes ago, Chennaiyen said:

@dalekphalm, Thats the reason I did not consider Kaspersky. Looks like Bit defender has a good number of trusted users. 

We use the Enterprise version at work (just switched to it back in October... ironically, we switched from Kaspersky) and so far it works great. Granted, that's the Enterprise version, but the consumer version is also a good product.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)