Define C and Meshify owners

PeterD1001

I want a sensible looking mid tower case with decent airflow to house an i7-8700k/1080ti build air cooled with either a Noctua NH-D15 or a Dark Rock 3. 

I want to oc the cpu and gpu somewhat. 

Can i I do this well with air cooling? Has anyone got this kind of setup in a Define C case and how does it run? I saw Gamers Nexus said that it’s a bit of a warm case. 

I might also go with the Meshify as a second choice which will have better airflow, anyone got one of these? How is the foam air filter compared to a mesh one? 

I like the plain look of the Define C, Corsair 400c etc but am worried about airflow. 

Someone recommended a Silverstone case which had great thermals but I don’t like the look of them at all

1 hour ago, PeterD1001 said:

I want to oc the cpu and gpu somewhat. 

Can i I do this well with air cooling? 

Definitely

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/9Mw6Mp

(example)

The Define C will be quieter than the Meshify, but will be slightly warmer. Either will do you good.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

I current setup is with Define S and I just got myself a Meshify C for my new PC.
To your question, Define S run fine, it is pretty quiet unless you crank up the fans which I don't think any case can be run silently with those settings. I went for Meshify C because I want a smaller case and getting better AF, but to be honest, I am just a sucker for the TG side panel.

10 hours ago, w1nger1 said:

I current setup is with Define S and I just got myself a Meshify C for my new PC.
To your question, Define S run fine, it is pretty quiet unless you crank up the fans which I don't think any case can be run silently with those settings. I went for Meshify C because I want a smaller case and getting better AF, but to be honest, I am just a sucker for the TG side panel.

They do actually offer the Define C chassis in TG as well ;) but if you're also looking for better airflow, cant go wrong with the meshify

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

On 12/15/2017 at 2:54 AM, w1nger1 said:

Hi, are you also using a NH-D15 in the Meshify and if so what ram?

I really want to use the Define C but someone on another forum is saying that the cooler definitely won't fit and is recommending the Define S which is 10mm wider (180mm cooler clearance over the 170mm of the C and Meshify).

I want to get all this ordered tonight hopefully

On 12/18/2017 at 4:34 AM, PeterD1001 said:

Hi, are you also using a NH-D15 in the Meshify and if so what ram?

I really want to use the Define C but someone on another forum is saying that the cooler definitely won't fit and is recommending the Define S which is 10mm wider (180mm cooler clearance over the 170mm of the C and Meshify).

I want to get all this ordered tonight hopefully

No, I am not using NH-D15. I am using H110i, which I cannot fit it in on the top, so is mounted at the front intake.
"CPU coolers up to 170mm in height", that should fit NH-D15 according to the spec.

7 hours ago, w1nger1 said:

No, I am not using NH-D15. I am using H110i, which I cannot fit it in on the top, so is mounted at the front intake.
"CPU coolers up to 170mm in height", that should fit NH-D15 according to the spec.

Yes it should fit according to the specs. I've ordered the Define C TG which Is listed as 172mm clearance. It's all coming today so hopefully I'll get it built tonight if it does all fit.

1 minute ago, PeterD1001 said:

Yes it should fit according to the specs. I've ordered the Define C TG which Is listed as 172mm clearance. It's all coming today so hopefully I'll get it built tonight if it does all fit.

Cool, good luck with your build. Post some photos here when you are done xD

Just now, w1nger1 said:

Cool, good luck with your build. Post some photos here when you are done xD

Thanks man, will do for sure

Define C and Meshify C use the same Frame just like Noctis 450 it uses the H440 Frame.

But the open front panel design on the Meshify will definitely gives u more airflow.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if you've ordered parts yet but I've just finished mine. Meshify C, Strix 1080ti, Maximus X Formula, 8700k, NH-D15S, etc. Shameless plug-->  https://pcpartpicker.com/b/b3mqqs  Some of the comments might answer a few of your questions.

On 29/12/2017 at 11:22 AM, BunnyBandit said:

Not sure if you've ordered parts yet but I've just finished mine. Meshify C, Strix 1080ti, Maximus X Formula, 8700k, NH-D15S, etc. Shameless plug-->  https://pcpartpicker.com/b/b3mqqs  Some of the comments might answer a few of your questions.

Nice build you’ve done there mate. I like the look of the Chromax covers and black fans. The standard brown ones are SO ugly, surely they lose a lot of potential customers with these!

Yes, I got mine completed, ended up going with the Define C TG, NH-D15 and Corsair Vengeance ram. 

It just about fits, the 2nd cooler fan just sits on top of the ram and more or less touches the TG panel when fitted, it doesn’t need to be forced on or anything but it’s very close indeed. 

So far I’ve only got the two 120mm case fans that come with it, I’ve bought a 140mm Silentwings for the front which I’ll install today and then have a go at overclocking it. 

I see you managed 5ghz but at quite high voltage. Have you got a link to any decent oc guides for beginners?

Define C here with

3930k on a Noctua DH15 single fan.

GPU 1070 

PSU:RM1000i (get a shorter PSU if you want that third fan)

2xWD red 8tb disks

The case is fine. But do not skimp on fans if you do go for the most quiet config. The case supports front 3x140 fans. That is more than the R6 so it is really about configuration and not so much about pure size. Get a high airflow exhaust fan and run 3x pressure fans at the front. Noctua ofc :P

The case is great but it only supports 2x3.5" bays. That is the biggest flaw with it. Otherwise i would not consider upgrading it in January for the R6.

PS: does not care about looks so i love me the all function, zero nonsense from Noctua.

12 hours ago, PeterD1001 said:

I see you managed 5ghz but at quite high voltage. Have you got a link to any decent oc guides for beginners?

Good to hear that you've completed your build. I too considered the D15 but wasn't sure about compatibility so I chose the D15S, glad to hear that it fits all the same! I used der8auer's guide on youtube as a reference for my OC. Good luck with the silicon lottery!

link: 

On 31/12/2017 at 1:25 AM, BunnyBandit said:

Good to hear that you've completed your build. I too considered the D15 but wasn't sure about compatibility so I chose the D15S, glad to hear that it fits all the same! I used der8auer's guide on youtube as a reference for my OC. Good luck with the silicon lottery!

link: 

Thanks for the link mate. I’ll have a look at it when I have a few hours over the weekend