use jQuery Plugins or write my own code for Webpages? What should i do?

I want to know can I use jQuery Plugins to make a websites or I have to write my own code for all animation and effects? If I will go for an interview and to impress the interviewer.

You can use a library like jQuery but I would advice you to know what actually happens.

Yes you can make a line of code and animate something, but do you actually know how jQuery achieves it?

There are web development companies that care about that, and sadly enough that don't those usually just use jQuery with Bootstrap and kick some template together.

Always do the extra step, it may pay out.

Quote or mention me if not feel ignored 

What would impress the interviewer is if whatever you're making actually works. It doesn't matter how you did it... well, as long as you didn't steal it wholesale or are using software that's against the license agreement.

Though it also helps immensely if you understand what you did too. Using a plug-in and its functions without understanding what they do is bad.

It's totally pointless to do it using vanilla JavaScript. You're not proving your skills that way. Let's say you want to join the Nasa. You're not going to impress anyone because you can make huge calculations mentally. Someone who knows how to use a calculator and produce more consistent things, or even the same results, but more quickly using a calculator would be more useful to the company.

As a programmer, I would even recommend you to start mastering more advanced tools like Node, Boostrap, npm/gem and stuff like that, which can and will save you a lot of time.

On 13.12.2017 at 7:47 AM, Vinod Bahadur Thapa said:

I want to know can I use jQuery Plugins to make a websites or I have to write my own code for all animation and effects? 

Use CSS. Do not use Javascript.

Write in C.

Having a working product is what impresses people the most as previously stated. I have a resume website which I essentially built from the ground up and it looked ok, now I'm rebuilding it and ripping of other sites heavily because it's clear that is what impresses people - something that is good and works. Make sure you understand what you're doing though i.e. my markup is my own, I'm only copying the design so if someone asks how something works I'll actually be able to explain it to them.

That being said use plugins in this case. No point in re-inventing the wheel. Keep in mind scalability/maintainability for large websites/web apps, you don't want a clusterfuck of plugins - this article is an interesting read and semi-relevent https://hackernoon.com/how-it-feels-to-learn-javascript-in-2016-d3a717dd577f

On 13.12.2017 at 6:22 PM, IAmAndre said:

It's totally pointless to do it using vanilla JavaScript. You're not proving your skills that way. Let's say you want to join the Nasa. You're not going to impress anyone because you can make huge calculations mentally. Someone who knows how to use a calculator and produce more consistent things, or even the same results, but more quickly using a calculator would be more useful to the company.

As a programmer, I would even recommend you to start mastering more advanced tools like Node, Boostrap, npm/gem and stuff like that, which can and will save you a lot of time.

I highly disagree. It does prove that you know _what_ you are doing if you are not simply copying and pasting from 3000 jQuery dependencies. Doing that to impress an interviewer especially is poor practice imo.

13 hours ago, probE466 said:

I highly disagree. It does prove that you know _what_ you are doing if you are not simply copying and pasting from 3000 jQuery dependencies. Doing that to impress an interviewer especially is poor practice imo.

Expect to not get the job once you've sat there for 3 hours doing something that industry standard library number 3 does. A thought process comment would likely have sufficed.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

16 hours ago, probE466 said:

WOW I can't believe there are still people thinking this way. You won't express anyone by doing very basic things for 3 hours as @Nuluvius said, just like you wouldn't impress anyone by calculating mentally. It's assumed that someone who can use the most advanced tools is comfortable with the basic things.

There are instances where loading 4mb of jQuery isn't feasible. If you don't see any use in knowing how to do stuff yourself you are delusional.

@Vinod Bahadur Thapa Using the main jQuery library is fine (for selectors) however avoid using animation in JS at all. You can get by with CSS animations for the most part. JS animations are horribly inefficient and especially with a lot of them onscreen at once you will get noticeable slowdown. Also take in to consideration that most dev shops have moved away from jQuery for anything other than legacy projects. Perhaps look into learning React or Angular 2 (which uses jQLite under the hood)!