My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

3 minutes ago, PCBUILDINGBEN said:

on high settings?

On 1080p low you'll get ~180-280 depending on action going on, on high settings ~115-240 depending on how much action is going on. Yes, you will get the occasional dip below 120 fps if you play on high settings. Source: 

If you can fancy an AMD setup with extra 70 bucks, this will provide better performance when it comes to CPU side. Easy 120+ fps in CS:GO and PUBG 45+ with medium settings tuned.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1400 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($146.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI - B350M PRO-VD PLUS Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($51.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Team - Vulcan 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($85.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Kingston - A400 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($49.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($46.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Mini Video Card  ($159.89 @ Amazon) 
Case: Rosewill - FBM-X1 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($26.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($27.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $596.60
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-12-11 11:49 EST-0500

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

CPU is kind of outdated, so if you get an i5 or higher, it should do you very well. 

"May your frame rates be high and your temperatures low"

I misread titles/posts way too often--correct me if I don't.

18 minutes ago, Jasun said:

CPU is kind of outdated, so if you get an i5 or higher, it should do you very well. 

you realize  an I5 is over 3 times the price right?

*edit*

my bad, only a bit over twice the money

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

you realize  an I5 is over 3 times the price right?

Yeah... but it'll give you a performance boost! ;) 

Just now, Jasun said:

Yeah... but it'll give you a performance boost! ;) 

the I5 is a pretty dump choice here, seeing as the G4560 will handle CS:GO perfectly fine. this build, but with an I5 is about $200 more, i dont see the gain being worth it really when this will do it

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

the I5 is a pretty dump choice here, seeing as the G4560 will handle CS:GO perfectly fine. this build, but with an I5 is about $200 more, i dont see the gain being worth it really when this will do it

I thought it was ~100$ more... but I see your point. 

3 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

what about an overclockable i3? Dont they have 4 cores nowadays anyway?

if i had to guess cs go mostly relies on single core performance. so overclocking would be pretty beneficial

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

what about an overclockable i3? Dont they have 4 cores nowadays anyway?

if i had to guess cs go mostly relies on single core performance. so overclocking would be pretty beneficial

you want an overclockable chip? sure the cost is nearly the same as for the locked I5 because of the motherboard

Builds:

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

you want an overclockable chip? sure the cost is nearly the same as for the locked I5 because of the motherboard

ah gotcha. so ryzen is probably the best way to go here for single core performance?

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

5 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

ah gotcha. so ryzen is probably the best way to go here for single core performance?

nope, G4560 is stronger single thread, not by a lot though. the Ryzen build would give better performance though seeing as CS:GO can use every thread you dedicate it

Builds:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

nope, G4560 is stronger single thread, not by a lot though. the Ryzen build would give better performance though seeing as CS:GO can use every thread you dedicate it

didn't know cs:go is heavily multithreaded. thats kind of nice actually, not many games do that

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

CS:GO has a game setting that will make it utilize all the cpu cores available.

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

didn't know cs:go is heavily multithreaded. thats kind of nice actually, not many games do that

the source engine will use the threads, but it prefers fewer, faster threads over sevral weaker threads, here is a picture from the benchamark shootout between me and Mr Meerkat which pretty much shows that:

image.png

Blue is his Artic Blue build with a 3.8GHz IIRC R7 1700 and yellow is my I7 4790K at 5GHZ. we are using diffrent GPUs as well so its not a super comparable result but the GPU dosent play in to CS:GO massively to be honest

Builds:

Spoiler