AMD new Ryzen chips

should i wait for the new Ryzen chips coming soon and the new X470 motherboard ? if anyone knows any leaked specs will it worth it ?!

Just now, Nik Balor said:

should i wait for 

Not really expect higher memory speed support maybe 3600mhz will be the new norm instead of 3200mhz and expect 5-10% higher clock speeds. Nothing more will come from Ryzen+ or Pinnacle Ridge 

8 minutes ago, Nik Balor said:

should i wait for the new Ryzen chips coming soon and the new X470 motherboard ? if anyone knows any leaked specs will it worth it ?!

The leak specs end up a troll horsing around, as far as we know Ryzen + is going to be fairly similar to the current Ryzen line up, image it to be as disappointing as the RX 500 series refresh over the 400 series.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

3 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

The leak specs end up a troll horsing around, as far as we know Ryzen + is going to be fairly similar to the current Ryzen line up, image it to be as disappointing as the RX 500 series refresh over the 400 series.

Still worth waiting 1 1/2 months if OP has a capable system rn

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

18 minutes ago, Nik Balor said:

if you don't immediately need the CPU then maybe you can wait till Q1 2018, then see how zen+ performs(if coffee lake still performs better then you get to buy cheaper H310 boards anyway). if you need it now then just go with current zen or coffeelake CPUs.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

8 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Still worth waiting 1 1/2 months if OP has a capable system rn

True as long as he can wait 2 months then yeah wait but if not and he needs a system today get a Ryzen 1600 or higher but if he is on even Piledriver i'd personally wait for a few months not only that but by then Intel should actually have mainstream boards out and in that case if the user is mainly a gamer i highly recommend a 8400 I5 plus coffee-lake isn't so picky about having higher memory speeds and with ram prices so high that's a plus. 

If it goes on to the 12nm FinFET design there could be a die shrink allowing for more cores and/or a IPC increase between 5-15%. Additionally, the clockspeeds will likely go up. To what, no one knows. It could go to the rumored 5GHz (HIGHLY unlikely) or a more modest 4.3+GHz

19 minutes ago, TSL said:

Couple of info videos regarding leaked specs

All of it is fake:

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

4 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

All of it is fake:

2 minutes ago, TSL said:

Yeah, I wasn't buying that slide one bit either. Just posted it for reference as OP ask for 'leaked specs' (fake or not :D )

so i shouldn't consider any of that ?!

Exactly it is all bulls, a successful trolling.

Personal Desktop":

only the 5GHz and 12 cores is faked. The rest is plausible, but it is still all speculation and no one actually knows for sure aside from the AMD Ryzen team. I'd say it's worth the wait. it's only about a month or two and there is a lot of potential for Ryzen 2 to be amazing.

2 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Exactly it is all bulls, a successful trolling.

they said they will take advantage of the new PCI express 4.0 ! is it also fake ?!!

1 minute ago, Nik Balor said:

they said they will take advantage of the new PCI express 4.0 ! is it also fake ?!!

That could be true, as the specs and standards are all finalized but No one knows dude!

3 minutes ago, Nik Balor said:

More than likely because there still is no need for PCI-e 4.0 on the mainstream market(not even the TITAN V managed to saturate PCI-e 3.0 16x yet) and if Ryzen+ were to feature it every single b350 and x370 chipset motherboard would no longer support the CPU and that would drive AMD fans mad as there's nothing they like more but keep parroting AM4 supported until 2020!! Intel sux!!

Personal Desktop":

2 minutes ago, TSL said:

That could be true, as the specs and standards are all finalized but No one knows dude!

guess we'll have to wait for a couple of months to find out 

You got it ;)

if you're waiting to build a new PC. DEFINITELY wait the couple months to find out. It's a small wait that could have a big reward!