What mousepad should i get?

Darhagonable

HI!

I'm looking for a new mousepad but I have no idea what to look for. 

I right now own an Arrogant Bastard Avalanche mousepad and it sucks so bad it is destroying the glides on my expensive Naos QG.

I pretty much just want a mousepad that wont destroy my mouse and that looks either cool or clean but I'm not too fussy about that as long as it is color neutral. 

There are  things I've been thinking about though and that is a long mousepad that I could have under my keyboard as well.

Any ideas on any specific one I should look for?

Aukey make a very nice "long" length mousepad, been using it for well over a year myself, i'll try and find the link.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00QN3L4ZI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

go to big lots and pick the mouse pad with the cutest puppy on it.  Best 4 bucks you'll ever spend.

For gaming though, do you want to plastically slick type of a mouse pad made of fabric?  How much of a gamer aesthetic do you want?  I prefer to be somewhat muted and not to have a ton of branding.  

Check out this one> https://www.bestbuy.com/site/corsair-mm300-antifray-cloth-gaming-mouse-mat-gray-black/4800702.p?skuId=4800702&ref=212&loc=1&ksid=2656371e-0ee1-4e37-b75e-d790188113b0&ksprof_id=8&ksaffcode=pg199014&ksdevice=c&lsft=ref:212,loc:2

I have the smaller version that doesn't go under the keyboard,  but this one isn't too over the top.

1 minute ago, 88pockets said:

go to big lots and pick the mouse pad with the cutest puppy on it.  Best 4 bucks you'll ever spend.

For gaming though, do you want to plastically slick type of a mouse pad made of fabric?  How much of a gamer aesthetic do you want?  I prefer to be somewhat muted and not to have a ton of branding.  

Check out this one> https://www.bestbuy.com/site/corsair-mm300-antifray-cloth-gaming-mouse-mat-gray-black/4800702.p?skuId=4800702&ref=212&loc=1&ksid=2656371e-0ee1-4e37-b75e-d790188113b0&ksprof_id=8&ksaffcode=pg199014&ksdevice=c&lsft=ref:212,loc:2

I have the smaller version that doesn't go under the keyboard,  but this one isn't too over the top.

Lol

I think plastic, I want it to be pretty clean, like no colors or pictures on it, just plane black but small shape details isn't anything im against like the curve in the middle of some of the Mionix mousepads

That one is too much imo not that clean and something I would get tired of quite fast

steelseries QCK / QCK+ / QCK Limited

Main Rig

CPU: Ryzen 2700X 
Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO RGB 360mm Liquid Cooler
Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
RAM: 16GB (2x8) Trident Z RGB 3200MHZ
SSD: Samsung 960 EVO NVME SSD 1TB, Intel 1TB NVME

Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti OC

Case: Phanteks Evolv X
Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Platinum-Rated

Radiator Fans: 3x Corsair ML120
Case Fans: 4x be quiet! Silent Wings 3

there seems to be a consensus on steelseries.  I agree that its kinda hard to justify 40 bucks for a mousepad, but if its the last one you'll have to buy then it's worthwhile. 

I searched Amazon for steelseries mouse pad and the first thing that popped up was this link .  not the actual brand but is 60 percent less expensive and looks pretty comparable 

21 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

steelseries dex is my favourite surface.

Could you give more details? Googled it and from what I was it was a small one.

21 minutes ago, Armakar said:

steelseries QCK / QCK+ / QCK Limited

Maybe.. looks fine..

16 minutes ago, 88pockets said:

there seems to be a consensus on steelseries.  I agree that its kinda hard to justify 40 bucks for a mousepad, but if its the last one you'll have to buy then it's worthwhile. 

I searched Amazon for steelseries mouse pad and the first thing that popped up was this link .  not the actual brand but is 60 percent less expensive and looks pretty comparable 

Ive heard there stuff is good. 40 bucks imo is almost too much if it doesn't even have RGB lighting JK. I rather spend a bit extra money on a mousepad than my expensive Naos QG getting completely f**ked :P

I don't want something from a not well known brand because of the risk it is shit.

1 minute ago, Darhagonable said:

Could you give more details? Googled it and from what I was it was a small one.

Its a cloth style mat that is water resistant and achieves a level of glide of a hard pad without wearing out the mouse. With its head bonded edges it doesn't fray either. Mines held up for years.

5 minutes ago, Flameytail said:

i got a corsair MM300 for $12 on black friday and it is amazing. it does smell a bit though. it comes in medium extended and smol

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=mm300&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Amm300

That sounds like a good deal. Does it smell bad or headachy? It will probably go away with time.

Imo it doesn't look that clean... I rather want all black.

4 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

Its a cloth style mat that is water resistant and achieves a level of glide of a hard pad without wearing out the mouse. With its head bonded edges it doesn't fray either. Mines held up for years.

Oh that do sound prefect!.. if it just wasn't small D:

Just now, Darhagonable said:

That sounds like a good deal. Does it smell bad or headachy? It will probably go away with time.

Imo it doesn't look that clean... I rather want all black

i aired it out for a couple days and its fine. it was sorta plasticy

Antipixel  -  First build 

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/wVmqqs

11 minutes ago, Flameytail said:

i aired it out for a couple days and its fine. it was sorta plasticy

Oh I see

I can vouch for the MM300, been using it for a year and it's been so far so good. It often goes on sale at Best Buy too if you're located in the States/Canada.

I just measured what size would fit and the optimal size would be:

Width: 650-800mm
Depth: 200-300mm

15 hours ago, TrigrH said:

steelseries dex is my favourite surface.

Except that it's a piece of shit like every other piece of shit Steelseries mousepad that disintegrates after 6 months. Meanwhile my $9 no brand mousepad off amazon is still going strong. Fuck Steelseries. 

7 hours ago, geo3 said:

Except that it's a piece of shit like every other piece of shit Steelseries mousepad that disintegrates after 6 months. Meanwhile my $9 no brand mousepad off amazon is still going strong. Fuck Steelseries. 

Not sure wtf you do to your mousepad? But i've had mine for over 2 years and its still in good condition.

Just now, TrigrH said:

And you've owned this exact mousepad in question?

I've had the Dex and a couple different variants of QCK. None of them lasted half a year.  Although I will say the Dex had the nicest surface of any mouse pad while it lasted. 

1 minute ago, geo3 said:

I've had the Dex and a couple different variants of QCK. None of them lasted half a year.  Although I will say the Dex had the nicest surface of any mouse pad while it lasted. 

So it just wore out? Got any photos of it? I've seen someone split the pad before but not actually wear it out.

So I guess the conclusion is that I should get s SteelSeries mousepad according to the most ppl. Too bad I wouldn't be able to fit the big one on my desk and my keyboard wouldn't fit on the other ones. Guess i have to scrap the idea about having a mousepad fitting underneath both mouse and keyboard then.

I just found a mousepad by Lian Li in perfect dimensions for me.. do you guys think it could be any good?

I have only found two reviews for it at one place and it is really positive.. but nowhere else which makes me a little hesitant.

What do you guys think?