How do I oc my ram speed?

Taky

Using the asrock fatal1ty z370 gaming k6 and it's defaulted at 2133mhz and since i bought a 3200mhz ram i need to oc to get there but im afraid to mess with the bios since idk how to use it.

Go into the BIOS and look for a button/ menu/ drop down box, called XMP. After clicking it - select XMP profile 1. Save and exit the BIOS and your PC should restart automatically. It might restart a couple of times before booting. If it gets locked into a a boot cycle, do not be afraid to power it down and start it up again (this happens whenever I change hardware or apply overclocks for me and there should be no issues). As long as you don't change anything else in the BIOS - theres nothing to be afraid of. Motherboard manufacturers make their BIOS's very user friendly. Good Luck!

I believe the XMP selection place is under the 'OC Tweaker' tab.

4 minutes ago, TSL said:

Go into the BIOS and look for a button/ menu/ drop down box, called XMP. After clicking it - select XMP profile 1. Save and exit the BIOS and your PC should restart automatically. It might restart a couple of times before booting. If it gets locked into a a boot cycle, do not be afraid to power it down and start it up again (this happens whenever I change hardware or apply overclocks for me and there should be no issues). As long as you don't change anything else in the BIOS - theres nothing to be afraid of. Motherboard manufacturers make their BIOS's very user friendly. Good Luck!

thanks seemed like it worked but my fans are running a little louder than before. Is that normal?

14 minutes ago, Taky said:

thanks seemed like it worked but my fans are running a little louder than before. Is that normal?

If you fans are PWM connected, yes this is normal - otherwise - WITCHCRAFT!

2 minutes ago, gekco said:

I don't think OCing your RAM will change your fan speeds. 

It can potentially as the XMP profile can change the BCLK which will overclock the whole system slighty. This leads to a higher heat output and the PWM controlled fans my speed up a little bit. 

I cast a spell of summoning, come forth from the abyss @MageTank! With foul magic of the deepest kind I send a ping your way, help this weary traveler on his quest oh wise one!

(seriously though @TSL he's got a great tutorial check it out)

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

7 minutes ago, Damascus said:

I cast a spell of summoning, come forth from the abyss @MageTank! With foul magic of the deepest kind I send a ping your way, help this weary traveler on his quest oh wise one!

(seriously though @TSL he's got a great tutorial check it out)

How do I find said tutorial?