Computer Frozen and PCB Beep...?

DarkSwordsman

Hey, All,

(I will update this main post with information compiled during the thread the best I can so you don't have to sift through all the posts to see everything)

This morning I woke up to my computer playing an odd PCB beep from the usual startup beep and the computer was completely frozen. It wouldn't wake up the screens by moving the mouse and the keyboard (CoolerMaster QuickFire TK) was frozen, i.e: Caps Lock, Scroll Lock, and Num Lock were all stuck, suggesting the whole keyboard was frozen too... I know there is a distinct startup noise, but this beep occurred about every 90 seconds and played a deeper tone than the startup one.

I usually leave my computer running 24/7 anyways, so I wouldn't be surprised if it crashed and got stuck in some sort of loop... I hard reset the computer and it works fine now, but this has never happened before.

Here are my Specs, I will also list the age of each item:

- ASUS P8Z77-V PRO - 4.5 y/o

- i5-3570k @ 4.6 Ghz - 4.5 y/o

- EVGA SuperNova G2 750 - 8 m/o

- Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 - 3 y/o

- 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866 Mhz - 4.5 y/o

- Corsair H100i - 4.5 y/o

- 2x Avermedia Live Gamer HD C985 - 4 y/o

- Samsung 840 Evo 500GB - 3.5 y/o

- Seagate Barracuda 2TB - 4.5 y/o

23 minutes ago, The Dark Swordsman said:

Hey, All,

(I will update this main post with information compiled during the thread the best I can so you don't have to sift through all the posts to see everything)

This morning I woke up to my computer playing an odd PCB beep from the usual startup beep and the computer was completely frozen. It wouldn't wake up the screens by moving the mouse and the keyboard (CoolerMaster QuickFire TK) was frozen, i.e: Caps Lock, Scroll Lock, and Num Lock were all stuck, suggesting the whole keyboard was frozen too... I know there is a distinct startup noise, but this beep occurred about every 90 seconds and played a deeper tone than the startup one.

I usually leave my computer running 24/7 anyways, so I wouldn't be surprised if it crashed and got stuck in some sort of loop... I hard reset the computer and it works fine now, but this has never happened before.

Here are my Specs, I will also list the age of each item:

- ASUS P8Z77-V PRO - 4.5 y/o

- i5-3570k @ 4.6 Ghz - 4.5 y/o

- EVGA SuperNova G2 750 - 8 m/o

- Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 - 3 y/o

- 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866 Mhz - 4.5 y/o

- Corsair H100i - 4.5 y/o

- 2x Avermedia Live Gamer HD C985 - 4 y/o

- Samsung 840 Evo 500GB - 3.5 y/o

- Seagate Barracuda 2TB - 4.5 y/o

I see no issues with parts..... maybe drivers crashed?

Something similar happened to me but it was a cmos error and just resetting the cmos fixed it. Still don’t know what it was either.