Is it possible to fix a laptop pc with a Black Screen of Death?

enocadrian13

If someone can teach me in basic troubleshooting or advanced troubleshooting please teach me.

The first thing I did in a situation like this was swap the hard drive from another laptop to determine if it was a software or hardware issue. In my case, it was software, so switching hard drives fixed that easily, so if you have another laptop you can use the drive from, try that.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

The first thing I did in a situation like this was swap the hard drive from another laptop to determine if it was a software or hardware issue. In my case, it was software, so switching hard drives fixed that easily, so if you have another laptop you can use the drive from, try that.

But my laptop won't turn on its monitor 

1 minute ago, enocadrian13 said:

But my laptop won't turn on its monitor 

I had a laptop that did that as well. Switching hard drives from another laptop proved to work, so why not try it?

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I had a laptop that did that as well. Switching hard drives from another laptop proved to work, so why not try it?

I'll try to do it

If you can try the hard drive swap, do that.  When my Asus died it was the hard drive. 

If you think it might just be the monitor, hook it up to a TV or monitor with HDMI and see if you get a picture.