The division tips?

mrchow19910319

I just got the division and playing it for the 1st time. 

is it just me or the game is quite hard. especially you need to walk 1km to carry out a mission while theres a lot of enemies along the road. 

sometimes i just straight up got killed before I even hit the destination. 

also which part of this game is campaign? which part is online? i am really confused...

how do I complete this game?? 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

I wish i could help you but Ubisoft ban my account for cheating which i did not. What level are you right now? 

Tips

• from lvl 1- 30 don't craft items, save those crafting materials
  • don't do hard missions when soloing and try asking for help there are some people who will help you do mission
  • Complete all side mission, it will help unlock skills like first aid and stuffs
  • don't go to DZ unless your lvl 30 but i would suggest getting a good 256 gear first before doing any pvp
  • always use cover 
  • as much as possible don't sell stuff deconstruct them
  • try using a weapon with these weapon talent brutal, responsive, deadly

Rig: CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.5 ghz | MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: 4x4 gigs Kingston Fury 1600 ddr3 | GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 1070 Gaming X PSU: Seasonic M12ii-620 Evo Edition | HDD: 1 TB WD, 500 GB WD | SSD: Kingston SSD now 240 and 120 GB CASE: In Win 303 RGB edition | Mouse: Corsair m65 pro | Keyboard: Roccat Ryos MK | Headset: Hyper X Cloud Pro  | Monitor: LG 29um58-P Ultrawide monitor.

18 minutes ago, Predator50 said:

I wish i could help you but Ubisoft ban my account for cheating which i did not. What level are you right now? 

Tips

• from lvl 1- 30 don't craft items, save those crafting materials
  • don't do hard missions when soloing and try asking for help there are some people who will help you do mission
  • Complete all side mission, it will help unlock skills like first aid and stuffs
  • don't go to DZ unless your lvl 30 but i would suggest getting a good 256 gear first before doing any pvp
  • always use cover 
  • as much as possible don't sell stuff deconstruct them
  • try using a weapon with these weapon talent brutal, responsive, deadly

im level 5

1 minute ago, mrchow19910319 said:

im level 5

try doing side quest first then the main quest.

Rig: CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.5 ghz | MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: 4x4 gigs Kingston Fury 1600 ddr3 | GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 1070 Gaming X PSU: Seasonic M12ii-620 Evo Edition | HDD: 1 TB WD, 500 GB WD | SSD: Kingston SSD now 240 and 120 GB CASE: In Win 303 RGB edition | Mouse: Corsair m65 pro | Keyboard: Roccat Ryos MK | Headset: Hyper X Cloud Pro  | Monitor: LG 29um58-P Ultrawide monitor.

1 minute ago, Predator50 said:

try doing side quest first then the main quest.

the thing that confuses me is that when opened mission overview, there are 4 sections: 

1. incursion
  2. encounter
  3. event
  4. tutorial

which one is side quest? 

Hi

Th Division is a first shooter and grinding. Kill stuff get better equipment and level up.

You need to do the low level missions and the main story line mission to level up.

1) In game do --> m <-- this will open the map of the game, to zoom out use mouse wheel .

2) In game do --> m <-- then go to --> Mission overview <-- this will show all mission available. Mouse click on a mission, it will show it`s location and level.

3) In game do -> m <- then go to --> legend <-- this will show the type of mission you have. There are 3 basic type of mission beside the Main Story Line.

Mission type -- medical,Technical , security

4) In game do --> l  (L) <-- to see the skill tree.

If you go to the --> Base of Operation <-- Look on map you will get all the vendors, the crafting station and the 3 wings of the Base for the skill tree.

Medical -- will unlock healing buff....

Security -- will unlock shield ...

Tech -- will unlock bombs and others

Good hunting

5 minutes ago, Zmax said:

wow thanks! this is all I need. 

I think the interface of the game is kind of confusing.... so many things right in front of your face... 

Hi

Buttons you may find use full

Escape -- will return you to previous window

M-- map

L-- skill tree and others

I -- inventory

Pressing shift while walking ( w) will make you run

R-- reload

G-- grenade

In game go -- Escape -- setting -- key mapping you will find all commands

One more thing.

You can do quick travel from one place to and other if you have been there once.

In game do ---> m ( M ) <---- use mouse to left click on a location. Window will appear on top left corner with info.

To fast travel just -> left mouse clic <--for location , then  ---> x <-- to start  then --> space bar <-- to confirm travel 

1 minute ago, Zmax said:

thanks for all the info!

7 hours ago, mrchow19910319 said:

the thing that confuses me is that when opened mission overview, there are 4 sections: 

1. incursion
  2. encounter
  3. event
  4. tutorial

which one is side quest? 

Incursion : are the hardest mission in the game, this requires 256 gears with min/max (maximum stats and best talents) and above all coordination

Encounters: are the side mission that will help upgrade the Base of Operations. Upgrading the Base of Operation will unlock skills

Events: are Global event set by the Games mod where you can get cosmetic items like Mask and uniforms and also you can buy the best gear in the game without farming

3 minutes ago, Predator50 said:

Incursion : are the hardest mission in the game, this requires 256 gears with min/max (maximum stats and best talents) and above all coordination

Encounters: are the side mission that will help upgrade the Base of Operations. Upgrading the Base of Operation will unlock skills

Events: are Global event set by the Games mod where you can get cosmetic items like Mask and uniforms and also you can buy the best gear in the game without farming

oh wow thanks!