BattleField 1 Terrible Packet Loss Issue!

NathanSchmitz

I've been playing BF1 for awhile now and have been plagued with the big red packet loss symbol of death, I opened the built in network management thing and there was about a 10-15% packet loss. (This only happens on this game I Pinged a few sites and no packet loss at all) so i looked it up, people said to port forward so i punched in the ports (Image below IDK if i did it correctly EA said the ports to open were

3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300
80, 443, 9988, 17502, 20000-20100, 22990, 42127)

they said but to no avail :( this doesnt happen in BF4 so i dont think its an origin thing

hgjgj.PNG

Port forwarding wont make a differnce, either all the packets come in or they dont.  And thats just allowing any traffic on those ports (including HTTP and HTTPS) access to your computer.  I personally would remove those.  Do you have a firewall from your anti virus?

Alright, yes I have Microsoft Security Essentials or whatevs, and the basic windows firewall

I tried turning my security and firewall off and playing but it didnt help

If you've got potato internet like me. Which is like 10mbps down and 1mbps up, it could be someone on your network. 

In my case, if someone is trying to watch Netflix while I Negev Rush B on Dust 11 my packet loss shoots to 30-40% and I get one deaged without even seeing the guy. 

To fix either upgrade your potato internet or kick everyone off your internet. Also make sure Windows, Steam, Origin, Ubisoft, iTunes, BattleNet, etc isn't trying to download a 6GB update. 

Spoiler

[CPU] - Intel Core i5-4590  

[Motherboard] - MSI B85-G43 GAMING 

[RAM] - Kingston HyperX Beast (2x4GB) 1866Mhz... CPU only supports 1600Mhz

[SSD] - A-Data SP600 128GB SSD

[HDD]- 1Tb Seagate Barracuda

[GPU] - EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC

[Case] - Corsair SPEC-03 White 

[PSU] - Rosewill 450W 80+Bronze

I have 1 up and 1 down no one else is using it and im not maxing it out and BF4 works great

2 minutes ago, NathanSchmitz said:

I have 1 up and 1 down no one else is using it and im not maxing it out and BF4 works great

Have you always got it in BF1? If so it may just be that BF1 requires more bandwidth than BF4. If this is just recently occurring then I'd just uninstall Windows and quit gaming forever... On a real note I don't have a good explanation except the game may require more bandwidth than BF4, but even still that doesn't seem right, but 1 down 1 up is REALLY slow. 

Spoiler

[CPU] - Intel Core i5-4590  

[Motherboard] - MSI B85-G43 GAMING 

[RAM] - Kingston HyperX Beast (2x4GB) 1866Mhz... CPU only supports 1600Mhz

[SSD] - A-Data SP600 128GB SSD

[HDD]- 1Tb Seagate Barracuda

[GPU] - EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC

[Case] - Corsair SPEC-03 White 

[PSU] - Rosewill 450W 80+Bronze

Just now, poker1059 said:

Have you always got it in BF1? If so it may just be that BF1 requires more bandwidth than BF4. If this is just recently occurring then I'd just uninstall Windows and quit gaming forever... On a real note I don't have a good explanation except the game may require more bandwidth than BF4, but even still that doesn't seem right, but 1 down 1 up is REALLY slow. 

It is extremely slow, im just confused that it does this but is only using about half of the bandwidth when gaming