Way to run computer temp without a case?

Geekie

Soooo.... I just got all my computer parts, but missing a vital part... The case itself, the post delivery ppl are so slow at delivering and by the looks of it ill have to wait for another week for it...

Weekend comming up and i really want to try out the parts... Is it safe to run them without a case with the motherboard on top of the motherboard box ? :P

No need to warn about spilling stuff.

Yeap, I ran my 1700 rig on a mobo box + some plywood for a solid week.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Just now, Damascus said:

hmm, you have any pictures of this? want to see how people do it. all the stuff I found was from 2005 and stuff

Not much to it. Just have it out of the way on your desk so you don't accidentally kick it. 

10 minutes ago, Geekie said:

hmm, you have any pictures of this? want to see how people do it. all the stuff I found was from 2005 and stuff

sadly don't have any pics but it's super easy.  You can even convert a medium sized cardboard box into a case if you want 

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

18 minutes ago, Geekie said:

Soooo.... I just got all my computer parts, but missing a vital part... The case itself, the post delivery ppl are so slow at delivering and by the looks of it ill have to wait for another week for it...

Weekend comming up and i really want to try out the parts... Is it safe to run them without a case with the motherboard on top of the motherboard box ? :P

Electrically, its safe. 

Environmentally, it's okay for a while, just make sure that it's somewhere safe out of harms way (people, pets, nosey neighbors, etc) so that it doesnt get damaged.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

On 7.12.2017 at 4:01 PM, Tiberiusisgame said:

Yeah it's safe. Don't overclock it just to be sure motherboard temps stay reasonable. 

On 7.12.2017 at 4:05 PM, kerradeph said:

Not much to it. Just have it out of the way on your desk so you don't accidentally kick it. 

On 7.12.2017 at 3:59 PM, Damascus said:

On 7.12.2017 at 4:17 PM, BloodyWaters said:

As long as the surface isn’t conductive you’re fine. 

On 7.12.2017 at 4:17 PM, TVwazhere said:

Electrically, its safe. 

Environmentally, it's okay for a while, just make sure that it's somewhere safe out of harms way (people, pets, nosey neighbors, etc) so that it doesnt get damaged.

image.png.87679b9b09aade9d2c21ef75af6eb27b.pngSafe enough right :')

6 hours ago, Geekie said:

image.png.87679b9b09aade9d2c21ef75af6eb27b.pngSafe enough right :')

AS long as your desk isnt near any high traffic areas like hallways or normal room walk areas.... Otherwise someone could accidentally kick your desk and then you have this :

Image result for ltt braks mobo gif

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

3 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

AS long as your desk isnt near any high traffic areas like hallways or normal room walk areas.... Otherwise someone could accidentally kick your desk and then you have this :

Image result for ltt braks mobo gif

Haha, have my own bedroom so should be guud (Y)

On 12/7/2017 at 2:57 PM, Geekie said:

I ran my pc inside a drawer on my desk for a few days. Just made sure that i left the drawer open a bit for sufficient airflow and once i got the case there was absolutely no problem. Just put the motherboard on its box that it came in and face the PSU fan upwards. I had bought extra fans and has just placed them blowing into the GPU and another blowing across VRM heatsinks.

Only minor problem was that it got it a bit dusty pretty fast but a run to the the local hardware store and purchase of canned air solved this problem. 

My personal PC:

CPU: Intel - Core i5 8600k  Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo  Motherboard: Asus Prime Z370-P RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3000MHz DDR4 Storage: San Disk SSD Plus 240 GB + WD Caviar Blue 1TB  Video Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 Windforce OC 8GB Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400S Tempered Glass ATX  PSU: Corsair CX550M 80+ Bronze Certified Semi Modular PSU.

Peripherals:

Mouse: Logitech - G502 Proteus Spectrum Wired Optical Mouse Keyboard: Rii - RK100 Wired Standard Keyboard Monitor: Asus - VG248QE 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor Headset: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel Headset Speakers: Logitech - Z150 0W 2ch Speakers

Laptop: 

Medion  E6239 MD99452

PCPartpicker Link: 

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/VVwvHN

3 hours ago, TheExile said:

Who needs a case?

IMG_20171210_234036.jpg

I do now :3

20171214_201557.jpg