Display driver crashes with new wide screen monitor

EFD307

After my cats knocked over and broke my 2560x1440 monitor i decided Id go for one of LG's new wide screen monitors. I plug the thing in and everything seems to work great, but every time i run a game it crashes after just a few minutes. I tried CS go, destiny 2 and Doom. all crashed soon after loading, game froze, music kept playing and then the program force quit and i get a display driver stopped working but recovered message at the bottom of my screen. Ive tried installing the latest driver, doing a clean install of the latest driver and also going back and installing the previous driver and no changes. Tried running the games in windowed, borderlels window, everything. Lowered the resolution, no change. Ive got 2 other 1080p monitors, ive tried unplugging them and just running the new monitor as well, no changes.

my card is a gtx 780, monitor connected with a display port cable that it came with.

I'm at a loss here guys.

RIG:|Corsair Obsidion 650d|MSI Mpower Z87| i7-4770k (4Ghz)|Corsair H100 cooler|16Gb corsair dominator platinum 1866Mhz|  EVGA GTX 780 classified (runs at 1240Mhz)| 1200W pc power and cooling silencer mkIII PSU|recon sound blaster champion series| 1Tb WD black| 256Gb Samsung 840 pro| Monitors:| Samsung px2370| ASUS VG248QE| X-star 27" 2560x1440 korean monitor (runs at 100Hz)| other stuff:| Razer black widow ultimate| Razer mamba 2013 edition| Razer Vespula mousepad| Klipsch X10i| Ultrasone Pro750| Harmon/Kardon sound sticks 2| 

might just be display support, but that renders it useless from the start not when you specifically launch a game

oof owie blue liquid is coming out of my eyes pls help

Check your sound card drivers and your mb utility drivers. Anyone one of those can have an ad erse effect on your graphics operations.

You may want to reseat your peripherals as well, if that doesn't work