Does anyone have the installer for the Original Asus GPU Tweak?

Go to solution Solved by TyMeador,
13 hours ago, kb5zue said:

Have you considered the fan may be going belly up?

That was my first thought, but that isn't the case. After 9 hours (yes, 9 hours straight) I actually found the installer from a sketchy-as-hell looking site, but it worked! And it's the right one! Just having it installed fixed the fan issue. I don't even have to use the "Run GPU Fan Full Speed" option.

Needless to say I'm throwing this file in my Google drive in case I ever need it again. lol

13 hours ago, owluitar said:

First place I checked, those links are now dead. Thanks Asus.

Here's the version that I was referencing, if anyone else ever needs it....

GPU_Tweak_Win81_64_VER105.zip

I have a G751JM. I'm no longer running the OEM OS as I just upgrade to 2 Samsung Evo 850's in Raid 0. My laptop did not come with recovery media. I'm running Windows 10

The problem is that after my machine has been on for a while, the GPU fan will stop spinning and won't spool back up. My GPU temp spikes to 90C+. This typically remains the case until I reboot my machine, though occasionally the GPU fan will randomly decide to start working again. I used to have this version of GPU Tweak installed. And while it lacked options, at least it worked. And I didn't mind running my GPU fan full blast because that kept temps reasonable at around 50C.

Asus Tech Support were complete Dickbutts about it and just ended chat when I brought up the original version of GPU Tweak. They directed me to buy a $50 recovery USB from a third party, and ended the chat before I could respond.
I have tried every version of Gpu Tweak II and NONE of them work correctly on my machine.

Does anyone out there have, or know where I can download this version of Gpu Tweak? I have been scouring the internet and can't find it anywhere.

Right now all I have installed are the nVidia basics (GeForce Experience and Control Panel). No GPU Software or OC Software at all. But I did go as far as installing MSI After burner to see if It would give me some form of fan control, but had no luck there.

If no one can help me get my beloved GPU Tweak back, then does anyone know of any fan control utilities that would work with this model machine? Cause I can't find any. The CPU can works fine, BTW. Only the GPU fan is acting up. And it started with this install of Windows.

It almost acts like once Optimus kicks in the Intel IG the GPU fan get's disabled.

gpu_tweak.jpg

maybe MSI afterburner will work. have you tried any of the other GPU control software? 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

Daily Driver:

CPU - Dual X5670 | GPU - GTX 750 Ti | CASE - HP DL380 G7 | RAM - 128GB Samsung 1366 DDR3 ECC | STORAGE - 8 x 146GB 15K RPM HDD

Work Horse:

CPU - Quad E7-4870 | GPU - Quad Tesla M2090 | CASE - HPDL580 G7 | RAM - 128GB Samsung 1366 DDR3 ECC | STORAGE - 2 x 256GB Samsung 950 EVO SSD

13 hours ago, kb5zue said:

Have you considered the fan may be going belly up?

That was my first thought, but that isn't the case. After 9 hours (yes, 9 hours straight) I actually found the installer from a sketchy-as-hell looking site, but it worked! And it's the right one! Just having it installed fixed the fan issue. I don't even have to use the "Run GPU Fan Full Speed" option.

Needless to say I'm throwing this file in my Google drive in case I ever need it again. lol

13 hours ago, owluitar said:

First place I checked, those links are now dead. Thanks Asus.

Here's the version that I was referencing, if anyone else ever needs it....

GPU_Tweak_Win81_64_VER105.zip

14 hours ago, GDRRiley said:

maybe MSI afterburner will work. have you tried any of the other GPU control software? 

You didn't read the full post, did you?

I'm glad that you were finally able to get the file you were looking for and that it all worked out for the better.  See, patience does pay off.  Good luck.

20 hours ago, kb5zue said:

I'm glad that you were finally able to get the file you were looking for and that it all worked out for the better.  See, patience does pay off.  Good luck.

Than you my friend.

• 1 year later...

Since all the links on this thread are dead here it is again for all you G751 users. After hours upon hours of searching this is the only tool I can find which can get the fan speeds up to 25500 RPM and keep that GPU COOL!

Someone elses drive

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TyQ7cqctFk2gWPQcUCDNfLjOmbpkCePo/view

My Drive

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TyQ7cqctFk2gWPQcUCDNfLjOmbpkCePo/view?usp=sharing