Anyone know what this is?

Damascus
Go to solution Solved by Damascus,

It's an EPS 8 + 4 pin

Just digging through my AX860's cables and saw this, anyone know what it's for?  It's not in the manualIMG_0032.thumb.JPG.213d8c77221f2b5298d73f5c569cca8d.JPGIMG_0033.thumb.JPG.332419ca35f0bc0593d61626c1163d52.JPG

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

It's air, you can't really see it but it's perfectly fine :)

Or maybe it's deadly toxins, you can't see those either.....

No picture

nvm :P

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Adapter to/from 6pin PCIe to/from a 4pin connector of some kind and another connector. Can you show pictures of the connectors themselves?

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

better pic of the connectors would help, to see how many pins and has and the shape of them, but i bet someone else can tell from those pics 

4 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Adapter to/from 6pin PCIe to/from a 4pin connector of some kind and another connector. Can you show pictures of the connectors themselves?

3 minutes ago, Gclaw said:

better pic of the connectors would help, to see how many pins and has and the shape of them, but i bet someone else can tell from those pics 

Sorry about that, I wandered off to  try plugging it in to things and I'm relatively sure it's an 8 pin eps to 8 + 4 pin eps

6 minutes ago, jools said:

its a bad taste carpet

How about a bad taste sheet? xD Compfy though

That is NOT a cable that comes with the AX860.  God knows where it came from.  Don't use it at the risk that it's pinned differently and therefore may start a fire.

23 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

That is NOT a cable that comes with the AX860.  God knows where it came from.  Don't use it at the risk that it's pinned differently and therefore may start a fire.

I imagine I would have come from a graphic card. Probably safe, however, a lot of the time GPUs come with dodgy adaptors that aren't safe.

My R9 280 came with 2 (single) molex to 6 pin adaptors. Like sapphire why? I REALLY hope that anyone doesn't need to use both of those. (I'm annoyed and confused why it came with those adaptors, and not DVI to VGA adaptors. If you cannot afford a PSU made in the past decade (dating back from 2014), why would your monitor be made in the past decade?)

7 hours ago, Damascus said:

Just digging through my AX860's cables and saw this, anyone know what it's for?  It's not in the manual

Its a kinda bullshit adaptor.

But it can make sense as an extension if you can't reach the EPS12V connector on the Board easily and you have a PSU with a split 4+4 conenctor.

BUT: you must NEVER EVER use both, as an extension if you use either it seems fine but do NOT use both. That also makes no sense because the limiting factor is the pn of the connector. With such Y-cables, you don't increase the current limit of those pins....

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

3 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

Glad I have no use for it, already have 4 4+4 eps (2 from the base cables, 2 from corsairs sleeved kit)  Just idle curiosity 

2 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

Its a kinda bullshit adaptor.

But it can make sense as an extension if you can't reach the EPS12V connector on the Board easily and you have a PSU with a split 4+4 conenctor.

BUT: you must NEVER EVER use both, as an extension if you use either it seems fine but do NOT use both. That also makes no sense because the limiting factor is the pn of the connector. With such Y-cables, you don't increase the current limit of those pins....

Yep, I'm just imagining someone wiring it up for an x299 build and just melting the cables to slag xD