HP Laptop Stuck on Power-On Authentication

Product Name: Probook 450 G3
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys,

I recently got this laptop, upgraded it to windows 10, installed "HP Client Security Manager" , did the fingerprint setup, password, pin, etc then after a day, when i restarted the laptop, it showed this WhatsApp Image 2017-12-01 at 3.51.45 PM(1).jpeg

I tried my password, it said enter again, entered and after 3 tries, it said, authentication failed, press power button to restart, i restarted and used the fingerprint instead, it said verified and got stuck there, no response,

I restared it and tried it again, but this time it said, fingerprint not registered,

I Downloaded the recovery tool, and made a recovery on a different PC, and made a recovery USB, and followed the instructions on the website, IT DID NOT WORK

I even tried RESTORING THE BIOS, RESTORING THE BIOS USING A USB, followed all the instructions, but when i try to restore bios using the usb, (connection the power, then the usb, holding the Windows key + B, then pressing the power button for 2-3 secs, it turns on the laptop, no display, and after a few 30- 40 secs, the fan turn on to its highest speed, and nothing happens after that

HPs software has always been junky in my experience, I do not like it at all. Make sure that you're flashing the BIOS correctly so as to not brick the device, and then try and just do a clean installation of Windows. You said that you've tried restoring the BIOS though, so I would assume you mean flashing it...? In that case, I'm not sure how to help D:

i tried Flashing it with a USB with the help of a Youtube video by HP, but the fan just speeds up and nothing happens, i've waited for more than 2 minutes

Edited by CrazySmog16

• 8 months later...

I just had this happen with a new Zbook 15.  Were you able to resolve the issue or did you need a new board / laptop?

Thanks!

• 4 years later...

I have the same problem, how do you get past the HP Power-On Authentication Screen When none of the function keys allows you to get to Bios?

• 3 weeks later...

I am also facing the exact same issue and I have already tried all that is tried by @CrazySmog16 but no Luck.
Any help / suggestion will be greatly appreciated.