partition software required.

Hi all,

I need help to locate or download a software that will let me create partition or manage it, from DOS before the windows or other OS could be loaded.

If details are needed please reply.

partition manager that can help create, delete, format the drive post boot.

I am creating a multi-boot drive.

Which has all the OS such as 

1. Windows 98 to 10 including the server, business, home, ultimate versions

2. NAS OS ( Free Nas, Nas4free, Open Media Vault and so on)

3. Ubuntu

4. Mac OS ( all versions)

5. Linux Based OS

6. Hirens Boot CD

7. Norton Ghost and so on

So a partition manager is required. That can help me create partitions, so if I have to change the OS type there should not be any issue at all. And is can use just one partition manger for all OS.

Note: If possible the partition manager should be able loaded itself and should not be along with any OS.

Thanks.

Edited by Zayir

4 minutes ago, Zayir said:

it

What is it? Also you can partition drives in disk manager as you are installing windows 

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

Just now, hconverse02 said:

What is it?

partition manager that can help create, delete, format the drive post boot.

As said, you can use disk management built in windows but if you have a specific need, you could use the free partition tools provided with ubuntu live cd/dvd. You can burn it to a USB drive if you want and they are highly efficient and reliable.

1 minute ago, pentotark said:

As said, you can use disk management built in windows but if you have a specific need, you could use the free partition tools provided with ubuntu live cd/dvd. You can burn it to a USB drive if you want and they are highly efficient and reliable.

Ubuntu Live Cd? Huh but will the partition work for windows as well? 

Trying to create a master boot drive which can help me load any OS using usb drive. Thats why i need a seperate application.

5 minutes ago, Zayir said:

Trying to create a master boot drive which can help me load any OS using usb drive. Thats why i need a seperate application.

Hmm, this is very specyfic. To be honest I don't have a clear idea what windows 10 does when installs itself. But, up until Windows 7, I am pretty sure u can manage partitions and which one boots using a linux live distribution.

Let me understand better, you want to create a USB drive with a bootloader in it to to decide which partition to boot on other drives?

3 minutes ago, pentotark said:

Hmm, this is very specyfic. To be honest I don't have a clear idea what windows 10 does when installs itself. But, up until Windows 7, I am pretty sure u can manage partitions and which one boots using a linux live distribution.

Let me understand better, you want to create a USB drive with a bootloader in it to to decide which partition to boot on other drives?

No. OK here it is,

1. Windows including the server, business, home, ultimate versions

3. Ubuntu

5. Linux Based OS

6. Hirens Boot CD

So a partition manager is required. That can help me create partitions, so if I have to change the OS type there should not be any issue at all. And is can use just one partition manger for all OS.

Note: If possible the partition manager should be able loaded itself and should not be along with any OS.

1 hour ago, Zayir said:

No. OK here it is,

1. Windows including the server, business, home, ultimate versions

3. Ubuntu

5. Linux Based OS

6. Hirens Boot CD

This goes beyond my area of expertise but GRUB is a bootloader that is completely customizable and can address different OSs in different partitions or hard drives. You might check on that. Then I am not aware of bootloaders that also allows you to operate partition management but as I said it is not my area of exeprtise. Time ago I used software as Partition Magic for management but that was specific to partitions and didn't include selective bootloading.