MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Lan Port not working properly

Skull_Zockt

Hey guys,

the LAN Port of my Computer was working fine today, until I unplugged the LAN cable.

I needed it somewhere else.

After I plugged it back into my Computer it says, that there is no ethernet cable connected. There is also no indicator LED on the lan port shining.

When I bought my Computer I had the same problem at the start, where it wouldn't work, but it suddenly started working don't know why. Haven't changed anything.

This happened again after 1 year where I unplugged it, got it working by plugging and unpluggins a few times.

Sadly it isn't working now, tried to fix it for over an hour now. Drivers shouldnÄt be aproblem because I just unplugged the cable for an hour and it worked fine before.

Is it possible that my LAN Port is broken?

Have you tried a new or different cable?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

2 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Have you tried a new or different cable?

Yes I did, doesn't work either. Treid 3 different cables. No lights shining and also no connection

If I was you, I would try to re-install the drivers. I know you didn't change anything, but the problem was already there in the past. Might worth a shot re-installing them, maybe an updated version too before going with other solutions. Let me know your motherboard model so we can check if there is anything available.

Best.

4 minutes ago, pentotark said:

If I was you, I would try to re-install the drivers. I know you didn't change anything, but the problem was already there in the past. Might worth a shot re-installing them, maybe an updated version too before going with other solutions. Let me know your motherboard model so we can check if there is anything available.

Best.

I reinstalled the latest drivers, but sadly it still isn't working :(

1 minute ago, Skull_Zockt said:

I'm leaning towards a bad port, since you've tried other cables and that cable that you were using works on another device.

If you jiggle the cable a little bit do you get lights for a second?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

I'm leaning towards a bad port, since you've tried other cables and that cable that you were using works on another device.

If you jiggle the cable a little bit do you get lights for a second?

Don't even get lights for a second, but I am also thinking of a bad Port because the last few times I got it working by playing around. Still hoope I can get it running again

2 minutes ago, pentotark said:

Where is your computer connected to? a powered switch or a router? Is your pc connected through wireless as well?

I don't have a wireless card.

The pc is connected via devolo dlan plugs.

6 minutes ago, Skull_Zockt said:

I did a Google quick search. It seems people are having the same problem as you're describing. Only option is to get a NIC. :/ 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

7 minutes ago, pentotark said:

And I suppose these plugs works perfectly with other computers, right?

I have 5 plugs and I get internet everywhere in the house. I also checked it with my laptop and I can get a working connection with the same cable that is used for the computer