Best Currency to mine with gtx 1070?

What is the best crypto currency for me to mine with my 1070. I want to mine a bit when I'm not using my PC, even If i make a coupe dollars id be happy, this is mostly for fun and as a learning experience because I kinda want to get into mining later down the road. Thanks.

CPU: I7 8086K                              MOBO: Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5   RAM: 16Gb G-Skill 3200mHz

GPU: GTX 1070 FE 8GB            CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX           OS: Windows 10

PSU: EVGA 650G                      SSD: 250GB Samsung Evo                       HDD: 1000GB WD BLUE

Check out NiceHash. It's a very simple to use little program, that automatically runs a benchmark to determine which currency is best to mine, and they only take a 3% cut. Using it instead of setting up a traditional miner is, in my opinion, a lot less of a struggle. Also, you get "paid" in BTC, so you don't have to exchange it if you want to use your money.  One thing to keep in mind is that until you accumulate a certain amount, your bitcoins will be held in an internal wallet, and will not be transferred to your wallet until you hit a threshold. This is in order to minimize loss due to high transaction fees.

currently dual mining ether and pascal with my 1070's. makes about 2.35/day using right at 100w power.

Right now nicehash seems to be pretty damn good, with my 2 1070 doing equihash. 460 sol/s on each card makiung about 2.75/day at 120w power each.

ASUS Maximus VII Hero | i7 4790K OC 4.8GHZ | 4x8GB 2400MHz MSI GTX 1070 alphacool eiswolf gpx pro
Samsung 850 EVO 520GB + Corsair 525gb + 275gb SSD  2TB Seagate Barracuda | 8TB Seagate Archive

Cooler Master HAF-X 942 | EVGA Supernova 1000W 80+ Platinum | Custom watercooling loop (gpu+cpu)

360mm+180mm rad and 10 fans | Swiftech D5 mcp655-B

On 12/3/2017 at 1:06 AM, PatrikTheToth said:

Check out NiceHash. It's a very simple to use little program, that automatically runs a benchmark to determine which currency is best to mine, and they only take a 3% cut. Using it instead of setting up a traditional miner is, in my opinion, a lot less of a struggle. Also, you get "paid" in BTC, so you don't have to exchange it if you want to use your money.  One thing to keep in mind is that until you accumulate a certain amount, your bitcoins will be held in an internal wallet, and will not be transferred to your wallet until you hit a threshold. This is in order to minimize loss due to high transaction fees.

okay i started and says i will make about 2.85 a day, what amount do i have to hit for it to go into my wallet? im at $1.40 now.

CPU: I7 8086K                              MOBO: Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5   RAM: 16Gb G-Skill 3200mHz

GPU: GTX 1070 FE 8GB            CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX           OS: Windows 10

PSU: EVGA 650G                      SSD: 250GB Samsung Evo                       HDD: 1000GB WD BLUE

12 minutes ago, onemanarmy720 said:

okay i started and says i will make about 2.85 a day, what amount do i have to hit for it to go into my wallet? im at $1.40 now.

depends on the wallet NH pays out to. If you use their wallet it pays out once you hit .001BTC. If it goes to an external (non-NH) wallet, then you get paid out once a week so long as you are over .01BTC. What I don't like about NH is that they charge a whopping 4% pool fee. YEESH!!!

If I were you, and I am x 3, I would be mining ZenCash right now. Super low pool fees on zhash.pro and the exchange rate ain't bad at all. Once you start mining on zhash.pro, don't pool hop. they will penalize you.

here's what whattomine.com says about it: whattomine.com

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

I do agree with others to jump on the NH train but please have a backup plan on where and what to mine next.  

be on top of it for I have read a few sites predicting the bubble of NH is coming (more and more people not getting returns on buys)