Computer Freezing Problems

Evvii

Hello! So I have a problem with my computer. It's very rare, and happens rarely. While browsing the web, (twitch, fb, e-mails, youtube etc etc) it randomly freezes out of no where. Can't do anything but forcefully restart the computer. However, this time I left it frozen to see what would happen, though one of my fans I believe began spinning up becoming loud so I suspected it to be a heat issue? Another reason I suspect it to be a heat issue is that when I also browse using chrome, my core-tempts get pretty high. Around 20-45c. Idk if that is normal or not. 

Other methods I done was to check the "Event Viewer" which only shows an error "DistrubutedCOM". Which I tried fixing but never got it, but also found out that its common among other people too. Other than that, no other errors show. 

I re-installed windows 10 from ISO image on microsofts website. 

I stress-tested my GPU and CPU, 

GPU Temps: 65-66c

CPU Temps: 55-60 I think. (Forgot) cx

https://imgur.com/a/fdjp5 -- 1600Mhz 8gb ram. Only showing 800Mhz? Idk if that is normal or not. Friend of mine has 16gb at 1600Mhz, and shows 1600Mhz for him. This is while playing a game at max settings.

Also, is this normal? -- https://imgur.com/a/QItDO

In regedit I also found it -- Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2\CPC\Volume\{9274380c-1065-4bab-a4f7-f4051acad591}

Where is says "Explorer" it makes me think this is the problem. Cause it only does it during browsing the web. 

Here are my specs--

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

CPU: AMD - FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Power Supply and Graphic card is new, and recently purchased. I have my doubts that these aren't to blame, because it only started a while after. 

7 minutes ago, Evvii said:

Hello! So I have a problem with my computer. It's very rare, and happens rarely. While browsing the web, (twitch, fb, e-mails, youtube etc etc) it randomly freezes out of no where. Can't do anything but forcefully restart the computer. However, this time I left it frozen to see what would happen, though one of my fans I believe began spinning up becoming loud so I suspected it to be a heat issue? Another reason I suspect it to be a heat issue is that when I also browse using chrome, my core-tempts get pretty high. Around 20-45c. Idk if that is normal or not. 

Other methods I done was to check the "Event Viewer" which only shows an error "DistrubutedCOM". Which I tried fixing but never got it, but also found out that its common among other people too. Other than that, no other errors show. 

Here are my specs--

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

CPU: AMD - FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Power Supply and Graphic card is new, and recently purchased. I have my doubts that these aren't to blame, because it only started a while after. 

have you tried defragging?

?????

Do you remember the
21st night of September?
Love was changing the minds of pretenders
While chasing the clouds away

Our hearts were ringing
In the key that our souls were singing.
As we danced in the night,
Remember how the stars stole the night away

Just now, Dankk said:

have you tried defragging?

Yeah, I also re-installed windows like 2 times. 

I wold try running a virus and malware scan. Open task manager and see what services are running when it crashes. System lock ups will typically occur when resources hit 100%, so either you are using all the RAM or all the CPU.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

2 minutes ago, fixitnow said:

I wold try running a virus and malware scan. Open task manager and see what services are running when it crashes. System lock ups will typically occur when resources hit 100%, so either you are using all the RAM or all the CPU.

I don't have a virus / malware installed, but would that really be an issue? I re-installed my PC and it still happens, so I don't know if its a virus or not. But I do agree on the other suggestion, it might be a ram / cpu usage error. But the freezing happens so rarely, I have no idea when it occurs, so I can't exactly pin-point or see what crashes. :/

6 minutes ago, Evvii said:

I don't have a virus / malware installed, but would that really be an issue? I re-installed my PC and it still happens, so I don't know if its a virus or not. But I do agree on the other suggestion, it might be a ram / cpu usage error. But the freezing happens so rarely, I have no idea when it occurs, so I can't exactly pin-point or see what crashes. :/

It's unlikely to be a virus but best not to rule anything out, and its good to run a scan every now and again. One thing I could suggest is to try to let it recover from a crash. A few years ago my PC would hard lock when watching videos, reinstalling windows appeared to fix it. Out of curiosity what browser are you using and how long has it been doing this?

It's unlikely to be a virus but best not to rule anything out, and its good to run a scan every now and again. One thing I could suggest is to try to let it recover from a crash. A few years ago my PC would hard lock when watching videos, reinstalling windows appeared to fix it. Out of curiosity what browser are you using and how long has it been doing this?

latest version of Chrome. Re-installing my windows didnt appear to fix it. & not sure when it started happening. It was a while ago.. So can't exactly say. However, I also discovered that my RAM is at 800MHz? Even while playing a game. The ram is listed as 1600MHz, but its only showing 800MHz. 

At the moment, I started up the game "Rainbow Six Siege". 144hz, all max settings. 95FPS on the main menu, and here is an image of my usages. 

https://imgur.com/a/fdjp5

Speed: 800Mhz. Normal? I would expect it to be 1600mhz. 

54 minutes ago, Evvii said:

Yeah, I also re-installed windows like 2 times. 

But did you do it properly by unplugging all other drives and deleting all partitions during the installation?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

7 minutes ago, Enderman said:

But did you do it properly by unplugging all other drives and deleting all partitions during the installation?

I got the latest iso from Microsoft, ran it in uefi mode, and erased both my ssd/hdd partitions then deleted them making them both the only ones. I click on the SSD and install windows on that, then go from there. It's how I normally do it, and its always been fine. However, lately my 1TB hardrive hasn't been showing up, as in. Windows doesn't format it. I have to go in and do it manually, and I also noticed by keeping my hard drive plugged in after a re-install, at the windows logo it quickly shows "Repairing something in Regedit". Then by unplugging it and doing it with just my ssd, it doesn't show. Then by plugging it back in after windows installs, it formats itself. No idea whats going on z-z. 

and only thing I keep plugged in is mouse,keyboard,ethernet. I did leave in my Schiit Fulla DAC, but I done it before and worked fine. 

I just spoke with a friend, he has the same speed of RAM and his shows 1600Mhz, while mine is only 800Mhz? 

Also he doesn't have the weird Volume that is in the image in my main post. 

11 minutes ago, Evvii said:

latest version of Chrome. Re-installing my windows didnt appear to fix it. & not sure when it started happening. It was a while ago.. So can't exactly say. However, I also discovered that my RAM is at 800MHz? Even while playing a game. The ram is listed as 1600MHz, but its only showing 800MHz. 

At the moment, I started up the game "Rainbow Six Siege". 144hz, all max settings. 95FPS on the main menu, and here is an image of my usages. 

https://imgur.com/a/fdjp5

Speed: 800Mhz. Normal? I would expect it to be 1600mhz. 

DDR stands for Double Data Rate, 800*2 = 1600 MHz my machine does the same thing. The memory usage looks high but overall not too bad. My main concern would be the computer using Virtual memory from the OS drive. I would try using another browser just for a bit. Chrome is notorious for system resource management. 

9 minutes ago, Enderman said:

In windows 8.1 and up have another drive connected makes no difference, that was just a windows 7 thing.

DDR stands for Double Data Rate, 800*2 = 1600 MHz my machine does the same thing. The memory usage looks high but overall not too bad. My main concern would be the computer using Virtual memory from the OS drive. I would try using another browser just for a bit. Chrome is notorious for system resource management. 

In windows 8.1 and up have another drive connected makes no difference, that was just a windows 7 thing.

Yours also show it as 800Mhz? Well thats a relief, but still weird why it shows different for a friend of mine showing at 1600Mhz. I'ma try a Memory Diagnostic just in case, and he also is letting me use another pair of ram to see if that helps. This just started happening, using chrome or not. I always used chrome, and ran many tabs / games among with it and it never done this before.. Just makes me feel like its a faulty hardware :/

7 minutes ago, Evvii said:

Yours also show it as 800Mhz? Well thats a relief, but still weird why it shows different for a friend of mine showing at 1600Mhz. I'ma try a Memory Diagnostic just in case, and he also is letting me use another pair of ram to see if that helps. This just started happening, using chrome or not. I always used chrome, and ran many tabs / games among with it and it never done this before.. Just makes me feel like its a faulty hardware :/

Fair enough. Let me know how you get on :)

10 hours ago, fixitnow said:

No, I have seen plenty of people have issues with windows 10 because the OS accidentally puts system partitions on the wrong drive.

The best way is to unplug everything except the OS drive during installation.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

30 minutes ago, Enderman said:

No, I have seen plenty of people have issues with windows 10 because the OS accidentally puts system partitions on the wrong drive.

The best way is to unplug everything except the OS drive during installation.

Hmmm. I have never had that issue or seen other people have that issue.