Windows 10 wont let Minecraft modpacks to load

themaniac

So my brother is trying to play some minecraft modpacks on the curse/twitch launcher but windows blocks it saying bla.PNG

but I cant find anything that would cause it, I've looked through the settings and cant find anything about them being incompatible

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

9 minutes ago, themaniac said:

So my brother is trying to play some minecraft modpacks on the curse/twitch launcher but windows blocks it saying bla.PNG

but I cant find anything that would cause it, I've looked through the settings and cant find anything about them being incompatible

idk what happened to your image but I ain't seeing it.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

idk what happened to your image but I ain't seeing it.

can you see this? brok.png.f506eb31f31b359504884b7dd0f57878.png

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

Can you run it in incompatibility mode?

Tech enthusiast and CS Student

1 minute ago, themaniac said:

snip

I'm guessing you're not using the Windows Store or anything like that for this.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

2 minutes ago, themaniac said:

snip snip

is his OS 32 Bit? that could explain it.

4 minutes ago, CmzPlusHardware said:

Can you run it in incompatibility mode?

not sure how I would do that

3 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

I'm guessing you're not using the Windows Store or anything like that for this.

nope, not using windows store for tihs

2 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

is his OS 32 Bit? that could explain it.

its 64bit

2 minutes ago, pxnguinPr3 said:

Can u show me this.

http://prntscr.com/hhg0b8

I assume you want to know if its 32bit or 64bit, it is 64bit

I should probably add that it worked just fine before

Spoiler

Just now, themaniac said:

not sure how I would do that

nope, not using windows store for tihs

its 64bit

I assume you want to know if its 32bit or 64bit, it is 64bit

No, thats not what i wanted to know, show me that and what your gpu is.

Hi.

snip

Does your brother have admin privileges on that PC?

Also, have you tried disabling Windows Defender's "SmartScreen" feature?

1 minute ago, themaniac said:

Maybe an update messed it up. I believe I have the twitch client, so I will check. 

For compatibility mode:

Right click--Properties--Look for compatibility mode 

Tech enthusiast and CS Student

Just now, pxnguinPr3 said:

No, thats not what i wanted to know, show me that and what your gpu is.

the gpu is gt 730(cpu i3 4170)

Just now, AluminiumTech said:

Does your brother have admin privileges on that PC?

Also, have you tried disabling Windows Defender's "SmartScreen" feature?

turned it off and it still didn't work

4 minutes ago, CmzPlusHardware said:

Maybe an update messed it up. I believe I have the twitch client, so I will check. 

For compatibility mode:

Right click--Properties--Look for compatibility mode 

Didn't work

Spoiler

the gpu is gt 730(cpu i3 4170)

turned it off and it still didn't work

Didn't work

You still havent given me the system menu screenshot...

Hi.

Just now, pxnguinPr3 said:

You still havent given me the system menu screenshot...

here blad.png.031ffd108d91e24fb0664576eb0f7aac.png

Spoiler

14 hours ago, themaniac said:

I am not sure if i can help much but answering the following questions might give me and others more information on the issue to be able to understand the problem more.

Has he had any issues with launching Minecraft?

When he launches minecraft to play does he do it using the curse launcher?

Has he made sure that he has put in the correct settings for the curse launcher e.g. minecraft file locations and such.?

Has he previously used Minecraft modpacks?

When is it bringing up this error, is it when he opens that curse launcher or when he tries to open minecraft with the modpacks on the launcher?

Has he tried a different type of launcher?

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 5:54 AM, TekSupport said:

I am not sure if i can help much but answering the following questions might give me and others more information on the issue to be able to understand the problem more.

Has he had any issues with launching Minecraft?

When he launches minecraft to play does he do it using the curse launcher?

Has he made sure that he has put in the correct settings for the curse launcher e.g. minecraft file locations and such.?

Has he previously used Minecraft modpacks?

When is it bringing up this error, is it when he opens that curse launcher or when he tries to open minecraft with the modpacks on the launcher?

Has he tried a different type of launcher?

sorry for the late response didn't notice until now

1. No he is able to launch Minecraft(base launcher) perfectly fine

2. He uses the Curse Launcher/Twitch Launcher when he played minecraft with modpacks

3. Yes, the settings are correct as far I can tell

4. Yes he has played minecraft modpacks in the past a lot, he was even playing modpacks the day before(and I believe earlier that day)

5. The error is when he tries to open minecraft with the modpacks

6. No, trying a different launcher never crossed our minds

Spoiler