There's no way this is fine

I used to have Hyper 212 EVO for quite some time now and just recently bought NZXT Kraken x62, installed it yesterday and was really hyped untill I opened aida64 and then I was beyond disappointed, it gave me the same if not worse results than my 212 evo. I turned off my pc, checked everything, reapplied a new thermal paste, btw I used thermal grizzly kryonaut, which is one of the best pastes on the market I heard. So here I am after testing it again I maybe get a bit better results, but it's not good, I literally get the exact same temps with 212 evo with the same overclock, there's no way this is right, I'm out of ideas on what's wrong. I mounted it at the top and the fans are pulling air out of the case, through the rad. I have 3 fans in front of my case and 1 140 mm one at the back exhausting. Silent mode vs everything full speed barely gives better results.BGCLMUb.png

I5Tc4Uo.jpg

Listen closely to the heatsink to hear if the pump is spinning.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

yeah you shouldn't be getting 70C under load if fans and pump are working and it's mounted right

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

See if you can put the fans in a push config, and optionally try reversing the rear fan. Fans work better in a push config usually.

You've got no cool air intake on the case by the sounds of it. Got any space for front fans? If not, try swapping the rear fan around. The heat from your 1080Ti will only be able to go through the CPU rad, but it might help still.

2 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

See if you can put the fans in a push config, and optionally try reversing the rear fan. Fans work better in a push config usually.

You've got no cool air intake on the case by the sounds of it. Got any space for front fans? If not, try swapping the rear fan around. The heat from your 1080Ti will only be able to go through the CPU rad, but it might help still.

I got 3 intake fans in front, I'm pretty sure it's fine.

The tubes felt slightly warm, it showed liquid temp 34C after some time of running aida 64.

14 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Make sure the pump works, I've been hearing a lot of reports about DOA X62 pumps.

do u mean spinning sound? if that's what it is yeah, there's something spinning inside of it, yes.

2 minutes ago, aFeect said:

The tubes felt slightly warm, it showed liquid temp 34C after some time of running aida 64.

do u mean spinning sound? if that's what it is yeah, there's something spinning inside of it, yes.

If it sees a liquid temp of only 34 but the CPU cores are at 70+, then there's something wrong. When the cooler was applied, did the paste all spread out? Did it cover the entire CPU or at least most of it?

1 minute ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

If it sees a liquid temp of only 34 but the CPU cores are at 70+, then there's something wrong. When the cooler was applied, did the paste all spread out? Did it cover the entire CPU or at least most of it?

I spread it all over the cpu with the included idk how to call it "thing" and I was wondering about the same thing before, so I removed it to check if there's a good contact and from what I've seen it made a contact with the cpu, because the paste was on the cooler, pretty much whole cpu made a contact with it.

Just now, aFeect said:

I spread it all over the cpu with the included idk how to call it "thing" and I was wondering about the same thing before, so I removed it to check if there's a good contact and from what I've seen it made a contact with the cpu, because the paste was on the cooler, pretty much whole cpu made a contact with it.

Was the paste afterwards all in a thin layer though?

I'm wondering if you aren't getting enough clamping pressure. I always put half a pea sized blob in the middle and put the heatsink down, and it spreads from the clamping pressure.

12 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Was the paste afterwards all in a thin layer though?

I'm wondering if you aren't getting enough clamping pressure. I always put half a pea sized blob in the middle and put the heatsink down, and it spreads from the clamping pressure.

yea, me too, I put about half a pea sized blob, maybe a bit more than half on the 2nd one about 60% I would say, because I was wondering if I maybe put too little, it's hard to describe how it looked, it looked like it made a contact to me, because the 1st time that I applied was pretty thin if you would say the size of a pea blob then it was maybe around 40% of it, altho the lower side of the cpu seemed to make less of contact I think.

1 minute ago, aFeect said:

yea, me too, I put about half a pea sized blob, maybe a bit more than half on the 2nd one about 60% I would say, because I was wondering if I maybe put too little, it's hard to describe how it looked, it looked like it made a contact to me, because the 1st time that I applied was pretty thin if you would say the size of a pea blob then it was maybe around 40% of it, altho the lower end of the cou seemed to make less of contact I think.

I've found that too much really isn't an issue with thermal paste, it'll squish out the excess.

17 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

I've found that too much really isn't an issue with thermal paste, it'll squish out the excess.

I've tightened the screws to the point where it's pretty much impossible to move them, while trying really hard, they moved very slightly, but still no difference.

Just now, aFeect said:

I've tightened the screws to the point where it's pretty much impossible to move them, they moved very slightly, but still no difference.

Very strange...

Is there by chance any film on the bottom of the AIO surface? I've made that mistake more than once :P

1 minute ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Very strange...

Is there by chance any film on the bottom of the AIO surface? I've made that mistake more than once :P

no, there isn't it had a pre applied thermal paste covered with a plastic protecting it, I removed it, cleaned it and used my own thermal grizzly kryonaut.

Don't see a big issue here. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Is your fan curve set to CPU TEMP or WATER TEMP. Make sure it is set to a water temp based curve!

Watercooling Pro & Keyboard Enthusiast!