what should i buy

NotTheRelaxngEnd

lets just say im not legally old enough tohave a job and i have a low resource family, so i wanted to have a gaming pc (about 2000 usd) wiha a gtx 1080 and ryzen 5 1600x, but later i found out about gpd laptops, and realized the gpd pocket exists (costs around 500 usd), now im no spoiled, and have never been that much appeaed to the really high end, so i realized the gpd pocket would be acceptable (along with a nice macbook which oviously isnt good for gaming) and a a really nice price, so what do i do do i get the portability and gaming capabilities of the gpd pocket plus the macboo i already have or do i sell the macbook to get a desktop pc

NOTE : every year i have a long rod trip with my parents to mexico which lasts 24 hours non stop and i have school (oviously) so it would be like a handheld but much, much better. and i have 500 dollars in amazon gift cards i can use right now

also i am mosly gonna play cod bo3 custom maps or something (which i cant do with a cheaper handheld like psvita)

6 minutes ago, NotTheRelaxngEnd said:

lets just say im not legally old enough tohave a job and i have a low resource family, so i wanted to have a gaming pc (about 2000 usd) wiha a gtx 1080 and ryzen 5 1600x, but later i found out about gpd laptops, and realized the gpd pocket exists (costs around 500 usd), now im no spoiled, and have never been that much appeaed to the really high end, so i realized the gpd pocket would be acceptable (along with a nice macbook which oviously isnt good for gaming) and a a really nice price, so what do i do do i get the portability and gaming capabilities of the gpd pocket plus the macboo i already have or do i sell the macbook to get a desktop pc

NOTE : every year i have a long rod trip with my parents to mexico which lasts 24 hours non stop and i have school (oviously) so it would be like a handheld but much, much better. and i have 500 dollars in amazon gift cards i can use right now

or i could keep saving money (i get an average of 30 dollars a week)

The GPD Pocket can game. But games like Black Ops 3 are a no-go.

Maybe it is worth looking into a cheaper gaming PC and investing in a thin & light laptop with recent Intel HD graphics.

Those can game somewhat?

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

31 minutes ago, NotTheRelaxngEnd said:

low resource family, so i wanted to have a gaming pc (about 2000 usd)

Low resource family and USD 2000 gaming PC shouldn't be in the same sentence. xD

CPU/ CPU Cooler: i7-6700K - 4.5GHz with Noctua DH-15S | Motherboard: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB M.2 | HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 7200 RPM | GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 Amp! Edition | Case: Corsair 400C | PSU: FSP Aurum S 650W | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitor: BenQ GL2460HM FHD | Speakers: JBL Pebbles | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310

13 hours ago, davyre89 said:

Low resource family and USD 2000 gaming PC shouldn't be in the same sentence. xD

when i say low resource faimly i dont kmean like its hard to get money to eat, i just mean we are not rich and even tough my dad has boutght at least 15,00' dollars in firearms and ammo, i still have to get it in my own and rely on thos 30 dollars a week plus whatever extra i get from bets

14 hours ago, Sfekke said:

The GPD Pocket can game. But games like Black Ops 3 are a no-go.

Maybe it is worth looking into a cheaper gaming PC and investing in a thin & light laptop with recent Intel HD graphics.

Those can game somewhat?

if its gonn be a desktop its either high end or at least a 1070 (which isnt worth  it anymore) because on the long run i consider it a waste of money becasue eventually i will have to replace the graphics card and cpu(if its another generation then also the motherboard) and if the power consumtion is too much when upgrading ill als have to change the psu.

the point im trying to make here is that by getting a high end pc it will last me longer an i will be able to really make a good use out of the parts i buy.

and just so that you know this all happened to a friend

9 hours ago, NotTheRelaxngEnd said:

if its gonn be a desktop its either high end or at least a 1070 (which isnt worth  it anymore) because on the long run i consider it a waste of money becasue eventually i will have to replace the graphics card and cpu(if its another generation then also the motherboard) and if the power consumtion is too much when upgrading ill als have to change the psu.

the point im trying to make here is that by getting a high end pc it will last me longer an i will be able to really make a good use out of the parts i buy.

and just so that you know this all happened to a friend

All parts will eventually be outdated & needing replacement.

The 1070 will last at least 2-3 years playing modern titels, it is just the way PC gaming works.

You could wait for a newer generation to roll out, but NVIDIA said they'll keep it with pascal for now since there is no need to go faster.

May I also ask, what happened to a friend?
Parts becoming obsolete/older?

Since what it seems you would like to prevent is .. obsolescence and I'll be honest I'd love to be able to do that myself too .. but it just ain't possible.

23 hours ago, NotTheRelaxngEnd said:

and have never been that much appeaed to the really high end,

This also contradicts what you are saying now, maybe think about what you want a bit more before rushing out and purchasing the wrong parts. 

who ya gonna call?

*Terrible joke I know*

6 hours ago, Sfekke said:

All parts will eventually be outdated & needing replacement.

The 1070 will last at least 2-3 years playing modern titels, it is just the way PC gaming works.

You could wait for a newer generation to roll out, but NVIDIA said they'll keep it with pascal for now since there is no need to go faster.

May I also ask, what happened to a friend?
Parts becoming obsolete/older?

Since what it seems you would like to prevent is .. obsolescence and I'll be honest I'd love to be able to do that myself too .. but it just ain't possible.

what im trying to prevent is tjhe cheap parts becoming obsolete quickly, my frind bought cheap cards and in a year or so he had to upgrade 

also i did not explain myself clearly, i wanted to see which one to bu first, the portable, acceptable latop or the non portable high end pc,(ill eventually buy both) and also as i said above i just dont wanna have to upgrade lets say a 1050 quickly because then i would be wastiong about 200 dollars, id much rather go with the 1080 and it will take various years

22 hours ago, NotTheRelaxngEnd said:

what im trying to prevent is tjhe cheap parts becoming obsolete quickly, my frind bought cheap cards and in a year or so he had to upgrade 

also i did not explain myself clearly, i wanted to see which one to bu first, the portable, acceptable latop or the non portable high end pc,(ill eventually buy both) and also as i said above i just dont wanna have to upgrade lets say a 1050 quickly because then i would be wastiong about 200 dollars, id much rather go with the 1080 and it will take various years

My brother bought a 650 Ti Boost, it lasted him 4 years playing AAA titles at 1080P 60FPS medium-high details.

If you can stick to the 1920*1080 resolution and do not go for high refresh rates a lower end graphics card is fine.

Cheap parts =/ quick obsolesce.

You might even overpay for a 1080 since the ROI is lower aka you get less FPS per $.

I'd advise looking at benchmarks for games you play and seeing which graphics card performs adequately for your liking. (Keep the resolution and framerate in your mind!)

People have this common misconception of :

"More expensive must mean it is better in every way and lasts longer"

Lets take an extreme example

Lets say I'm looking for a car since I just got my drivers license.
I go to a couple dealers and have a few options :

• Some BMW SUV with GPS/Heated leather seats/A beefy engine for about $ 50 000
  • Some KIA Family car type 'o' thing with A normal radio & cd player/no gps/fabric seats/a lighter engine for $ 18 000

I only drive around town and make the occasional trip that takes me a bit longer.

The BMW might have more comfort, but I do not drive that much.
Prices are miles apart and after max 15 years I need a new one.

Road taxes and maintenance are higher on the BMW.

Which one would I pick?
In my case give me that KIA.

It depends on the person but just look over it.

Higher price isn't always better.

who ya gonna call?

*Terrible joke I know*

Search up "budget gaming laptop" on youtube and find results from tech reviewers, such as linus, austin evans, and mkbhd. Those laptops are really good, and cheap for 2000usd

On 11/30/2017 at 2:24 AM, davyre89 said:

I saw usually $2000 and i had a stroke.

Buy a chromebook and just game on a desktop at home thats what i did.