How do I make the most of 32 GB RAM

I do a fair bit of virtualization, a lot less gaming than I used to, more and more scraping, and voip -- sometimes all at the same time -- I know... yolo.

I had 16 GB of RAM, but was starting to feel it drag. It isn't dragging anymore, but now I want to squeeze every last bit of performance out of this system.

Where do I start? 3rd party software? Power profiles? Advanced system settings? Is there a knob somewhere I can crank up to the max? In VirtualBox I literally increase memory allocated by using a slider. What about my in native system, Windows 10?

Other key specs

• i7-7700HQ @ 2.8 GHz
  • 250 GB SSD to boot
  • 1 TB HD Storage
  • GTX 1050 ti
  • Something else cool that I can't think of here

Oh, by the way, I'm on a 32-bit operating system. JK, its 64.

All suggestions are super welcome, eh!

Windows will use however much RAM it needs....You could create a RAMDISK with the leftover RAM to put your constantly accessed files on.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Run game servers on it. Rent out ram to people who want a game server. Use that powerful stuff to make some moolah!

9 minutes ago, CUDA_Cores said:

If you have a samsung SSD you can turn on RAPID mode for better read and write performance. 

I enabled it, and my benchmark went down -- it says the SSD was excluded -- I mean... I'm guessing with in included it wouldve gone up. Huh? Any reason that it was excluded?

12 minutes ago, Neutrideo said:

Run game servers on it. Rent out ram to people who want a game server. Use that powerful stuff to make some moolah!

Interesting, I'll look into this. Any good starting points (games) you can recommend?

5 minutes ago, Maxxtraxx said:

How to make the most of 32 Gb of ram... 

I know!

Can you tell me how many chrome tabs it takes to get to the center of 32Gb of ram?

hahaha yeah I'm actually pretty conserative on the tab side of things. my co workers do a lot of virtual presentations using join.me and have a ton of tabs open. Off topic question, does storing a pdf locally versus surfing to the company website help overall performance?

Just now, Himommies said:

Do any type of creative work

I used to use adobe premiere but I haven't really uploaded since the demonetization earlier this year. Yup you got me... sometimes I do it for the money, and sometimes I do it for the shorties.

1 minute ago, Team_RGB said:

hahaha yeah I'm actually pretty conserative on the tab side of things. my co workers do a lot of virtual presentations using join.me and have a ton of tabs open. Off topic question, does storing a pdf locally versus surfing to the company website help overall performance?

Downloading stores it on your disk, surfing to it stores it in RAM.

1 hour ago, djdwosk97 said:

Windows will use however much RAM it needs....You could create a RAMDISK with the leftover RAM to put your constantly accessed files on.

I think I remember watching a video on this. Def going to test this out. Thx for reminding me!

1 hour ago, Team_RGB said:

Interesting, I'll look into this. Any good starting points (games) you can recommend?

Always people who willl pay for Minecraft hosting. But this means your computer will have to be on 24/7