A couple of things about my GPU

Di5a5t3r

Hey

This is a GTX 1080. While im on my desktop, the GPU is at 70c. Not running any games or anything atm. The GPU fans goes up to 1000 rpm then back to 0 rpm all the time. 

70c when doing nothing? And the fans doesnt speed up? 

And also, is there a program i can use to control my GPU fans according to temperature? NOT MSI AB or Evga Precision. For some weird reason, these two makes my computer lag in games. 

EDIT: The problem where the GPU fans didnt increase in speed got solved by a restart. Most likely a bug after trying to get Nvidia Performance to work.

I'd take the cooler off your card and make sure there is thermal paste on the GPU... Those idle temps are way off. If it is not that, then your case must not have any fans or the exhaust is placed against a wall. Something is really wrong here.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

1 minute ago, Orangeator said:

I'd take the cooler off your card and make sure there is thermal paste on the GPU... Those idle temps are way off. If it is not that, then your case must not have any fans or the exhaust is placed against a wall. Something is really wrong here.

That problem got solved with just a restart.

7 minutes ago, Di5a5t3r said:

EDIT: The problem where the GPU fans didnt increase in speed got solved by a restart. Most likely a bug after trying to get Nvidia Performance to work.

1 minute ago, Di5a5t3r said:

That problem got solved with just a restart.

Honestly, I would just recommend deleting and uninstalling all nvidia drivers, and all temp controlling software, and reinstall the drivers and download MSI Afterburner again.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

4 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

Honestly, I would just recommend deleting and uninstalling all nvidia drivers, and all temp controlling software, and reinstall the drivers and download MSI Afterburner again.

But as i wrote MSI AB and Evga Precision makes my computer lag in games. I really dont know why. MSI AB and Evga was the first thing i installed after i formatted my computer to see if it still lagged and it did. Didnt use both programs at the same time

your card might have off-fan when idle.

But first, let's talk about parallel universes.

Spoiler

Intel i7-4790k undervolt, NVidia EVGA GTX 980Ti SC Reference, NVidia EVGA GTX 480 SC Reference, ASUS Z97-A/USB3.1, SK Hynix SL308 240GB, WD Green 2TB, Hynix 1333 8GB (4x2), XFX Core Pro 850w, NH-U12S, 4x NF-F12's, Sennheiser HD 558's, Blue Yeti, Corsair K70 (red), Logitech MX Master, XBox One Controller, ASUS VG248QE 144Hz, HP 2010i

Anyone know a different software for GPU fan control adjusting according to temps? 

2 minutes ago, Di5a5t3r said:

Anyone know a different software for GPU fan control adjusting according to temps? 

Aside Afterburner? why? it should work and if it doesn't you should DDU in safe mode and reinstall drivers fresh new, same thing with the Afterburner reinstall it fresh new.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

2 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Aside Afterburner? why? it should work and if it doesn't you should DDU in safe mode and reinstall drivers fresh new, same thing with the Afterburner reinstall it fresh new.

8 hours ago, Di5a5t3r said:

But as i wrote MSI AB and Evga Precision makes my computer lag in games. I really dont know why. MSI AB and Evga was the first thing i installed after i formatted my computer to see if it still lagged and it did. Didnt use both programs at the same time