Asus Rampage 6 Extreme 
Intel i9 7980XE
DDR4 - 64GB Dominator Platinum 2400hz RAM - 4x16 sticks
2 - EVGA 1080 TI FTW3 Elite in SLI
1TB Samsung Pro SSD
512GB Samsung Pro M.2
EVGA 1600w PSU

NZXT Kraken X62 Cooler

Hi, I recently got and build this PC and become aware that it would freeze in BIOS and before it even got to Windows 10, I already had some problems i didn't like about how a received my motherboard so I took it back for a replacement.

After personally getting my new motherboard from the shop and rebuilt my system and experienced the same freezes once again. So I began the testing process of trying my system with just one graphics card attached because I thought maybe it was just SLI not working without drivers.

This worked to stop the freezes until I had downloaded all the latest drivers and even a BIOS update, then out of nowhere the PC froze again.

At this stage I thought it might be my RAM so i took all 4 sticks out the PC and testing each one in the first slot individually with Memtest86, Every stick came out fine, so I then started adding a stick back into another slot (out of the ones specified for quad channel by my motherboard) one by one.

On the 3rd stick which would be the first to go into the RAM slots on the right side of the motherboard, freezing occurred, I took that stick back out and tested the other slots on that side and the same again. 

If i keep the right side slots empty i have found that my pc works fine without any freezing, though I haven’t tried using the pc like this for a long amount of time.

So it seems that the RAM slots don't work on one side of the motherboard, but how could I have this problem occur on two motherboards, Which is why I'm here because I don't know if it might be another component, or i'm missing something, or i'm just unlucky to have 2 faulty motherboards in a row. Can anyone help, as I can't find much information on the components I have, as I'm guessing they're still too new at the moment.

(Edit): I have checked to see if the pins within the socket were out of place which I haven’t found anything out of place, i did originally have my cooler on quite tight, though non of what i have done has worked and im still getting freezing even within the bios.

I don’t really use forums but I’m guessing you’re not meant to post things twice, i did originally post this in another forum heading ‘motherboard, cpus and memory’ section but I think I should have post it here for better help 

Sounds like the same problem I had with 4 motherboards in a row!  My first one just didn't post one day and RMAed it to MSI.  I didn't realize that MSI only sends back refurbished motherboards.  So 3 more motherboards I got fed up and purchased a brand new ASUS motherboard and everything works perfectly.  So I am not sure if yours was brand new or refurbished, but it is possible to get 2, 3, 4 bad boards in a row as I can attest to it.  

Before I realized all of this I replaced CPU, all of my RAM, SSD, and M.2.  As MSI stated they test the boards before they leave...obviously not well enough.  

Did you test the ram individually with only one GPU installed?  Did you try it with both?  Will it boot if you use one ram stick in a different slot besides the first one?

CPU: i7 - 5930k  GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti  MOBO: MSI XPower AC X99 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB  Boot Drive: M.2 SM951 512GB Storage: 850 Pro 1TB SSD PSU: EVGA 1000W Case: TT Core X9 CPU Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate Case Fans: 2x Cooler Master 200mm Fan, 5x Cougar Vortex 120mm, 4x Be quiet! Pure Wings 140mm Peripherals: Corsair K70 and G5 Mouse

On 01/12/2017 at 12:52 PM, Juggernaught said:

Sounds like the same problem I had with 4 motherboards in a row!  My first one just didn't post one day and RMAed it to MSI.  I didn't realize that MSI only sends back refurbished motherboards.  So 3 more motherboards I got fed up and purchased a brand new ASUS motherboard and everything works perfectly.  So I am not sure if yours was brand new or refurbished, but it is possible to get 2, 3, 4 bad boards in a row as I can attest to it.  

Before I realized all of this I replaced CPU, all of my RAM, SSD, and M.2.  As MSI stated they test the boards before they leave...obviously not well enough.  

Did you test the ram individually with only one GPU installed?  Did you try it with both?  Will it boot if you use one ram stick in a different slot besides the first one?

I tested the ram in slot one with one graphics card in, then i started slotting them all back in to their designated slots until i got crashing again of which the first slots on the left side of the board worked but the right side didn’t.

i took the ram out of the first slots and tested if i could get the right side working at all but it didn’t recognise the ram.

these boards were brand new from SCAN (a british pc component retailing company).

I’ve tried everything but testing the cpu with the intel diagnostic tool which I’m going to do when i get the chance (if the pc lets me get that far).