non delided 8700K 5GHz (4.7 GHz AVX apps) stable

Erlijus

Hey guys,

This is a (happy) follow-up to my previous thread. If it may help someone, then all the best.

First of all, let me link my build: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/kgjPRG. After the previous thread, feeling a bit lost but not wanting to give up, I searched a bit more on the web and found this video. 

I was lucky: even if the mobo he uses is the high end version of mine, the BIOS-UEFI looks the same. I applied his recommendations and, as I was stable in every stress test I conducted, started to lower my Vcpu to lower my temperatures. Finale results : 5GHz stable on 6 cores (4.7 for AVX/AVX2 applications) at 1.32V (Vcpu) with max temps of 75 Celsius during normal usage sessions (CPU-demanding game maxed out - Assassin's Creed Origins + twitch streaming - OBS 64 + Discord), and 80 Celsius max during non AVX stress tests (Cinebench, Prime95 26.6), 85 Celsius during AVX stress tests (RealBench stress tests).

Quite happy about the results, I will not push further as my goal was to reach 5GHz stable without deliding.