Blackwidow ultimate 2013 keys

darkmage1991

i bought a blackwidow ultimate to replace my old microsoft sidewinder but theres one thing i dont like. and thats the keys. the numbers and letters glow nicely, but all the shift modifiers do not.

does anyone know of a set of keys to replace these with that have the modifers being able to light up with the letters and numbers? i have seen the max keyboard tranlucent ones and just think there dumb so i dont want them. i have taken a needle and skratched the whgite off the modifer symbols and that makes the light shine threw to allow them to glow but that gives a very rough feel to them. i am not looking for anything special, like side printed letters or anything like that, just want anything printed on the keys to light up to see at night.

any suggestions are helpful

I think you can just get regular Cherry MX replacement keys.

Quote me to get a reply!

oh ok i was under the impression each keyboard had different spacing so the keys had to be tailored to that keyboard.

Just make sure you get the keys made for your stabilisers.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

ok dumb question, im looking at keycaps and none of them actually say if backliting shines threw them. do all chery mx keycaps allows backliting to shine threw them? or is this something i should check with the seller about?

ok dumb question, im looking at keycaps and none of them actually say if backliting shines threw them. do all chery mx keycaps allows backliting to shine threw them? or is this something i should check with the seller about?

You will have to check with the seller

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

• 1 month later...

I am also not able to find and seller of back lighting compatible replacement cherry mx keycaps

-- anyone know of any sellers?

I am also not able to find and seller of back lighting compatible replacement cherry mx keycaps

-- anyone know of any sellers?

The MechanicalKeyboards subreddit has a pretty great wiki on various stores and sellers.

http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/wiki/keycapsellers

"Unix was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that would also stop you from doing clever things." - Doug Gwyn

ducky has a keycap set that supports backlights. Good luck finding them though. There was a guy a few months ago trying to find purple ones and the only place that had them in stock was PC case gear in australia.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

• 1 month later...

Didcha try maxkeyboard?

http://www.maxkeyboard.com/keyboard-parts/key-cap/full-keycap-sets.html

They have a set of top print translucent black key caps that I've been mentally masturbating about getting...... -_-

A good source to buy mechanical keybaords is here, they carry a very wide range of keyboards from the usual mainstream one to even Vortex, Tex Beetle and Keycool.....and Matias.

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/#

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2