What Mobo to buy?

GrandKei

Hi, so pretty soon, as in the next week or so, I'll be buying the next little bit of a new computer that I am building and got to thinking about after hearing and seeing a few things about what motherboard do I really need? I know I want the X370 chipset and don't really want to spend much more than $135 USD on the board itself. I know M.2 is pretty much standard across boards but I've already purchased a drive so I'll be wanting at least one of those ports. My big question is what brand should I really go with? Things that I see say that Asus is the brand to go with but I could go cheaper if I choose AsRock or MSI or something along those lines. 

Whether it be opinion or something with an actual basis, your help is appreciated. 

As of right now on my build list, I have an  Asus PRIME X370-PRO

Other information that may be of importance:

I am a novice builder but would like to do some overclocking and have a CoolerMaster 240mm AIO picked out but I don't want to break anything and don't actually know how things work with that stuff.

Crossfire is the only thing I may need in the future as of right now.

(Please ask if there is any other information would like to know to make a better decision)

Which CPU? The Prime Pro is available for $110, last time I checked. 

If you have a 6-core, and can relocate the money, the Prime Plus is available for $60

:)

Just now, seon123 said:

Which CPU? The Prime Pro is available for $110, last time I checked. 

If you have a 6-core, and can relocate the money, the Prime Plus is available for $60

I chose a R1600X, although that bit is not purchased yet either

2 minutes ago, GrandKei said:

I chose a R1600X, although that bit is not purchased yet either

I suggest the 1600. It costs less, and comes with a decent cooler. You'll overclock both equally, to ~3,9-4,0GHz. 

A decent B350 board, like the Prime Plus, Krait or Carbon should be fine. The Prime Pro is a nicer board, and if you plan on eventually getting a higher core count CPU, the headroom can be nice. 

:)

Just now, seon123 said:

I suggest the 1600. It costs less, and comes with a decent cooler. You'll overclock both equally, to ~3,9-4,0GHz. 

A decent B350 board, like the Prime Plus, Krait or Carbon should be fine. The Prime Pro is a nicer board, and if you plan on eventually getting a higher core count CPU, the headroom can be nice. 

Okay, thank you!