What AMD CPU to pare with a GTX 460

What AMD CPU should I pare with a GTX 460?

no intel, I have needed to use 2 different motherboards to pair with it and none of them have actually worked.

I have a budget of around $35, and I suppose that AM2+ would be a good socket for my CPU because of low prices.

please excuse my total lack of experience when it comes to AMD's CPUs. 

Please don't argue with me, I am just trying to help, or be helped. (we are all humans right?)

2 minutes ago, floppy disk mayhem said:

no intel, I have needed to use 2 different motherboards to pair with it and none of them have actually worked.

what?

My life

Out of interest, what makes you think that the two intel systems you tried it with were the problem and not the GPU? When finding similar problems on two different systems, you try to narrow the common hardware to try to find the issue.

If the gpu is broken, I doubt an AMD board and CPU will make any difference.

Just now, Tabs said:

Out of interest, what makes you think that the two intel systems you tried it with were the problem and not the GPU? When finding similar problems on two different systems, you try to narrow the common hardware to try to find the issue.

No, I have tried both the GPU and the internal graphics and neither work. I just don't like LGA, in general, it is less reliable when it comes to buying used.

Please don't argue with me, I am just trying to help, or be helped. (we are all humans right?)

2 minutes ago, Tabs said:

it was not two systems, it was one.I just had to buy two motherboards because neither even worked. 

4 minutes ago, Himommies said:

what?

I just tried to make this system with an Intel core i5-650 and the first motherboard I ordered didn't work, so I ordered a new one. this didn't work too.

I am disappointed in LGA and want to try something new. :(

5 minutes ago, floppy disk mayhem said:

I just tried to make this system with an Intel core i5-650 and the first motherboard I ordered didn't work, so I ordered a new one. this didn't work too.

I am disappointed in LGA and want to try something new. :(

But AMD littrealy has nothing to offer for that price.I would buy a old Xeon and maybe save up a little more for a mobo and call it a day

My life