hello...some help here

kokoleison
Go to solution Solved by Langdon,

Don't get an APU, get something like a FX6300 instead.

PSU - No problem

Will you see any improvement? I don't think so with the APU.

sooo my first post on this forum....and i came here for some help from you (the community)

well....to start...i am going to "build" my computer part by part.

so...right now...i have

2 monitors one 1920x1080 and one 1380x9xx (and i use the 1920x1080 for gaming)

Graphics card

radeon 7750 hd 2gb(overclocked from 800mhz to 880mhz)

Ram

4 slots of ram with.

2x samsung 2Gb running at 667MHz

2x G.SKILL F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL 4GB (2X2GB) 

Cpu:intel core i3 530 (@2.93GHz)

Powersupply: COOLERMASTER RS460-PSAPI3-EU ELITE POWER 460W

some benchmarks*: Bf3 1300x900 everything on low. 40-55fps

Bf4 1280x800 everything on low 30-45

So...i know i have slow cpu and ram but! i am going to buy:

apu-cpu:AMD A8 6600K 3.90GHZ

motherboard:ASUS A88XM-PLUS 

so. what i dont know is... if i remove the slow ram.my pc will go down to 4Gb BUT it will become faster...and its good for the AMD A8 6600k ... right?

another thing: is there any other motherboard at the same price that is better for me?(i live in Europe-Greece)

and some questions:

The Cpu will compliment the crappy radeon 7750 hd?

Will i have any problems with the power supply?

If i buy those new stuff...Will i see any improvement(espacialy on my fps)

Thank you for reading :)

Sorry for any mistakes.

(solved: ended up buying amd fx-6300 with ASROCK 970 EXTREME3 ....hopefully i have made the right choice for getting better fps on games...)

Well, 460W may or may not be the ideal size...but I think it will power your stuff just fine. People tend to overshoot when buying their power supplies and many people buy way more wattage than they need. Having that said, I don't see a whole lot of expand ability in your future without upgrading the PSU.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

PSU - No problem

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

Well, 460W may or may not be the ideal size...but I think it will power your stuff just fine. People tend to overshoot when buying their power supplies and many people buy way more wattage than they need. Having that said, I don't see a whole lot of expand ability in your future without upgrading the PSU.

True.

PSU - No problem

^

There's little point getting an APU if you already have a dedicated gpu.

@kokoleison Where are you shopping/located? Budget?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The 6600K integrated graphics will run Duel Graphics with the 7750, and that that will give you favorable performance at 900p. 

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

PSU - No problem

I agree. You probably won't need an integrated gpu, since you already have a proper one. As far as improving the fps goes, you should really get a better gpu for gaming. especially latest games like bf4.

The 6600K integrated graphics will run Duel Graphics with the 7750, and that that will give you favorable performance at 900p. 

Don't do that. It usually doesn't really work. Getting a proper cpu now and a better gpu later is a much better idea.

sooo my first post on this forum....and i came here for some help from you (the community)

well....to start...i am going to "build" my computer part by part.

so...right now...i have

Graphics card

radeon 7750 hd 2gb(overclocked from 800mhz to 880mhz)

Ram

4 slots of ram with.

2x samsung 2Gb running at 667MHz

2x G.SKILL F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL 4GB (2X2GB) 

. . .

so. what i dont know is... if i remove the slow ram.my pc will go down to 4Gb BUT it will become faster...and its good for the AMD A8 6600k ... right?

. . .

There may be particular circumstances where the 4GB of DDR3-1600MHz will beat out 8GB of DDR3-1333MHz. For the most part however, 8GB or memory will provide a better performing system than 4GB, regardless of the actual speed differential. In short keep all the memory installed.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

You have obviously never monitored your wattage, I am running a 660 with a 450 watt psu. Hooked up to a powerstrip that monitors my wattage and I never break 300 watts powerdraw. I do plan to get a new psu pretty soon when I rebuild but I could go for years with this psu. Anyone who thinks you need 700 watts without sli is a nutcase. The only reason I have a gs700 on the way is because I plan to run a few older cards in sli just for laughs. 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

If you want a higher FPS try going for a better GPU. Shop for one within your budget. The 7750 isn't exactly a pretty good GPU for gaming.

Don't do that. It usually doesn't really work. Getting a proper cpu now and a better gpu later is a much better idea.

He has a LGA 775 CPU. The A8 is an amazing upgrade for what he has, and Duel Graphics works fine. 

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

You have obviously never monitored your wattage, I am running a 660 with a 450 watt psu. Hooked up to a powerstrip that monitors my wattage and I never break 300 watts powerdraw. I do plan to get a new psu pretty soon when I rebuild but I could go for years with this psu. Anyone who thinks you need 700 watts without sli is a nutcase. The only reason I have a gs700 on the way is because I plan to run a few older cards in sli just for laughs. 

Umm, your first sentence makes no sense given that I told him he does NOT need more wattage....have a nice day :)

Umm, your first sentence makes no sense given that I told him he does NOT need more wattage....have a nice day :)

damn, i'm sorry I didn't read it right. I have been sick all day and I guess I got frustrated. all good mate :) 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

damn, i'm sorry I didn't read it right. I have been sick all day and I guess I got frustrated. all good mate :)

Ha, no worries. I was just like uhhh what is he talking about? But yeah, you're right in that most people hardly use any power. I got a 660W but I highly doubt I'm using even HALF of that right now.

wow..thanks for all the replys ...

(just to let you know...i have 2 monitors one 1920x1080 and one 1380x9xx (and i use the 1920x1080 for gaming)

correct me if i am wrong

but... as i know my Cpu cant show the actual perfomance of the Gpu (and the better graphics cardl,the bigger the loss.)

if i get those components i think that it will be able to handle better a future upgrade (better that the last setup)

correct me if i am wrong

True.

^

There's little point getting an APU if you already have a dedicated gpu.

@kokoleison Where are you shopping/located? Budget?

i live in Crete of Greece. and my budget is HARDLY 170euros for this year(getting the upgrade on holidays)

I agree. You probably won't need an integrated gpu, since you already have a proper one. As far as improving the fps goes, you should really get a better gpu for gaming. especially latest games like bf4.

so...i dont need to improve the gpu...but i have to get a better gpu? xD am i reading this wrong? :3

PSU - No problem

sooo the fx is expencive...and the cheapest one is 120euros and its the fx 4300(not worth it...right?)

i think that the Apu will help a good bit on gaming...as the reviews i have seen goes

so...i dont need to improve the gpu...but i have to get a better gpu? xD am i reading this wrong? :3

No, i'm saying that you won't benefit from the gpu in A8. Next i said that you need a better dedicated gpu if you want to get better fps. If you only upgrade the cpu you wil improve performance, but not by much.

What i meant is, you should buy a cpu with no integrated graphics (amd FX for example), because you don't need an apu.

By 'proper gpu' i meant 'dedicated gpu' not 'good enough gpu'.

No, i'm saying that you won't benefit from the gpu in A8. Next i said that you need a better dedicated gpu if you want to get better fps. If you only upgrade the cpu you wil improve performance, but not by much.

What i meant is, you should buy a cpu with no integrated graphics (amd FX for example), because you don't need an apu.

By 'proper gpu' i meant 'dedicated gpu' not 'good enough gpu'.

well...my budget cant affort a fx :/ exept the really cheap ones...(and i have done no research on that topic)

He has a LGA 775 CPU. The A8 is an amazing upgrade for what he has, and Duel Graphics works fine. 

Having a dedicated gpu eliminates the point of having an apu. It's just a waste of money since a single 7770 already beats any hybrid cf.

i live in Crete of Greece. and my budget is HARDLY 170euros for this year(getting the upgrade on holidays)

sooo the fx is expencive...and the cheapest one is 120euros and its the fx 4300(not worth it...right?)

i think that the Apu will help a good bit on gaming...as the reviews i have seen goes

If you're upgrading later, plan later. Parts and prices change frequently and you should only be planning ~2-3 days before you buy.

You're doing a lot of things wrong from the get go. You should be getting better everything. 

An apu would help but I'd recommend saving up and getting a 750K + 7850/7870/270 instead.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.