Need help and advise on a water cooler desk

Jertt

I’m building the desk Linus did in his desk build just mines a lil bigger. My build is a i7 7700k MSI 1070 16ddr4. Ok so this is my question I’m building this computer in desk using my same specs my gpu won’t be water cooled at first but will be once I buy a 1080 n the future so I have 2 ek white radiators 360mm radiators.       

1st question is do I need 2 pumps like Linus did in his build?

2nd Which pumps/resivors should I buy.

What brand fittings.

Also what size tubing should I use on this build.

The last but least if I need one bump or 2 this is my first custom loop so I need help on the plumbing of this build.

On like a blue print of the water cooling I plan on doing all hard line on this build.

What size power supply for what I'll be using will I need to upgrade to.

My desk is a work in progress my next steps are power button legs drill holes for motherboard and power supply and its ready.

53F19414-1E90-4801-800A-A4A975B0B686.jpeg

On 11/25/2017 at 8:37 PM, Jertt said:

do I need 2 pumps like Linus did in his build?

No, not necessarily. A single D5 or DDC pump should be adequate. A second pump helps to 'fill out' the desk with more components, and increases redundancy.

Which pumps/resivors should I buy.

Entirely up to you, but I would probably recommend EKWB. You could either purchase a pump-res combo, or buy a standalone pump and reservoir separately (or multiple). Something like the EK-XTOP Revo D5 with one or two of EK's 250mm tube reservoirs or similar.

What brand fittings.

If you want to keep all to one brand, just go with EK. If you're looking to save cost, go with Barrow (can be purchased through stores such as FormulaMod on aliexpress).

Also what size tubing should I use on this build.

Because a desk is large, to fill in the space I would use 16mm OD tubing. 

plumbing of this build

It depends on where your components are laid out. Like Linus did for memory, I would purchase numerous pass-through/bulkhead fittings, and pass the tubing through the base of the desk to keep things neat. Otherwise you will have really long tube runs with not much going on in terms of filling the desk out with components, especially since you made the desk larger. In terms of the loop order, it really doesn't matter. Whatever works best.

What size power supply for what I'll be using will I need to upgrade to.

You should be fine with a 650W, although you could go 550 if you really wanted to, or 850 for future upgradability. Of course you could go even higher, but it's not necessary. 

Case Design | CAD | Custom Watercooling Parts | Loop Design | Cable Sleeving and Management 

Fittings Guide  |  Most recent completed build: Glass & Aluminium  |  Current build(s): Project Starscream

Ok thanks I just didn’t know I’m working on the build slow lol. I plan on doing d5 pumps ekwb brand. And 2 250 ek res was the plan