Cryorig C1 Fan Clicking

CrippledROBOT

So this is a new build (about a month old now) and guess what? My ultra quiet PC decided to take a ****. My CPU fan will randomly make a clicking sound for 10 seconds or so and then stop. It's not loud at all, but when the room is quiet, it's pretty hard NOT to notice it. There are YouTube videos with people experiencing the very same thing. 

I tried playing around with the fan to see if it was hitting something, etc but that's evidently not the issue. I suspect that I'll have to request a new one from Cryorig. This is already aggravating enough, but in order to plug my CPU fan into the CPU fan header, I quite literally have to take my entire PC apart (I'm in a tiny case where everything is packed in). Fortunately my motherboard has a chassis fan slot available that would prevent a total rebuild of my system. My question is, can I plug my CPU cooling fan into this port? If so, I assume that I'll have to just manually set the fan speed in the BIOS. Should I expect any set backs or should I just start the tear down now?

Thank you in advance! 

For better or worse, I've been on here a lot ever since building this thing. It seems that every time I fix a minor annoying issue, another minor annoying issue comes up. Here is my build list: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/YjWD4D

Here is a link to a video I just made on YouTube: 

You certainly can. But SYS_FAN and AIO_PUMP don't support PWM. So you are limited to DC controls. Not that accurate, but with Asus board should still be fine for cooling. Overall I would recommend going through RMA, as annoying as it seems.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

You certainly can. But SYS_FAN and AIO_PUMP don't support PWM. So you are limited to DC controls. Not that accurate, but with Asus board should still be fine for cooling. Overall I would recommend going through RMA, as annoying as it seems.

That's the plan. As I sit here typing this, I can hear the clicking sound. When I rebuild the entire PC, I'm going to install a fan header extension so if it ever happens again, I just have to swap fans and not strip the entire pc.

sounds like the bearings of the fan are bad. i have the C1 but i didn't use the default fan. you can always get a better 120m fan of your own choosing

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

yeah, with multiple others reporting the same issue it sounds like they skimped on fan quality, I'd suggest getting a quality fan instead. As for plugging cpu fans into other headers, requires changing some settings in the bios so it doesn't spaz about no cpu fan reading but it can be done if you so choose, I'd recommend your extension idea though, just simpler to manage. 

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W