League of Legends vs Dota 2

I only play smite, i couldn't get used to the 2 person camera view in other mobas, add me if you want to tem up :) CepumuMednieks

I don't think you guys understand what I meant by all I've said. 

I don't understand how people can enjoy playing it for so long when it gives nothing in return aside from that enjoyment. It's as simple as that. How so much time spent on it can be justified. I understand the complexity of the game itself. I played long enough to get that much. But complexity doesn't make it worthwhile in my eyes. 

Again, I understand you enjoy playing it. But I don't understand the why of that. Why choose that over other games that are just as fun to play and yet do so much more on top of that. This is why I aliken it to cereal. It keeps you alive. But it does nothing more. It doesn't keep you healthy, and if it weren't pumped full of vitamins it wouldn't even keep you alive. 

To put it another way, I simply believe there are better ways to spend your time. Doing the exact same thing (playing video games), but getting more for it.

I think of every possible variation of LoL matches as a puzzle. Except there is no true way to keep your progress on how well you are doing in solving puzzles (winning games). Even if you win more matches, that will just be reset. There has to be some meaningful way to measure all that you've done, and then convert that into something actually useful in real life. It's blindly wasting time for the sake of fun and nothing else. There's nothing wrong with wasting time for the sake of fun, but it's dumb to do only that when there are so many options for doing more. For expanding your horizons and experiences.

That's the criteria I use to play games. LoL doesn't fit that based on the time I played it (roughly 40 hours of play time I would guess). Sure, I could go on to tournament play if I practiced enough, but then the time input doesn't justify the reward output. I'm about efficiency. 

You might say I make playing video games complicated, but the idea that I shouldn't think about what I spend my time on is an inane one imo. People should value their time far more than this. We have so little of it. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I don't think you guys understand what I meant by all I've said. 

I don't understand how people can enjoy playing it for so long when it gives nothing in return aside from that enjoyment. It's as simple as that. How so much time spent on it can be justified. I understand the complexity of the game itself. I played long enough to get that much. But complexity doesn't make it worthwhile in my eyes. 

Again, I understand you enjoy playing it. But I don't understand the why of that. Why choose that over other games that are just as fun to play and yet do so much more on top of that. This is why I aliken it to cereal. It keeps you alive. But it does nothing more. It doesn't keep you healthy, and if it weren't pumped full of vitamins it wouldn't even keep you alive. 

To put it another way, I simply believe there are better ways to spend your time. Doing the exact same thing (playing video games), but getting more for it.

I think of every possible variation of LoL matches as a puzzle. Except there is no true way to keep your progress on how well you are doing in solving puzzles (winning games). Even if you win more matches, that will just be reset. There has to be some meaningful way to measure all that you've done, and then convert that into something actually useful in real life. It's blindly wasting time for the sake of fun and nothing else. There's nothing wrong with wasting time for the sake of fun, but it's dumb to do only that when there are so many options for doing more. For expanding your horizons and experiences.

That's the criteria I use to play games. LoL doesn't fit that based on the time I played it (roughly 40 hours of play time I would guess). Sure, I could go on to tournament play if I practiced enough, but then the time input doesn't justify the reward output. I'm about efficiency. 

You might say I make playing video games complicated, but the idea that I shouldn't think about what I spend my time on is an inane one imo. People should value their time far more than this. We have so little of it. 

Check out my status now lol ಠ_ಠ  I actually don't play... anything now at all >.<

Can you give me an idea/aim for something to do for ~3 weeks? This is a serious question lol :P  I'm so bored of life right now...