Updated build, suggestions?

Hello! I've been thinking of building a PC for a while, and recently decided to come up with a build. Below is a screenshot of what I put together, and I'm looking for any suggestions! If possible, I want to lower the price without sacrificing power. If there is anything that can get me more "bang for my buck", I'll be happy to hear it! I'll be using the PC to game, general browsing, and some multitasking. Things like GTA V, PubG, CS:GO, etc. Thanks!

Build Screenshot

What are you planning to use the pc for? Productivity, gaming, etc. Whats your budget in your preferred currency? $500 CAD, $300 USD. 

2 minutes ago, Sound_Barrier said:

What are you planning to use the pc for? Productivity, gaming, etc. Whats your budget in your preferred currency? $500 CAD, $300 USD. 

Edited, thanks! Don't know why I didn't put that on there :P

change the 1600 to the 1600x, barely any difference in performance

change the nvme ssd to standard sata (or sata m.2) you won't notice any difference and nvme is double the price

Main Rig

CPU: Ryzen 2700X 
Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO RGB 360mm Liquid Cooler
Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
RAM: 16GB (2x8) Trident Z RGB 3200MHZ
SSD: Samsung 960 EVO NVME SSD 1TB, Intel 1TB NVME

Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti OC

Case: Phanteks Evolv X
Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Platinum-Rated

Radiator Fans: 3x Corsair ML120
Case Fans: 4x be quiet! Silent Wings 3

4 minutes ago, Armakar said:

change the 1600 to the 1600x, barely any difference in performance

change the nvme ssd to standard sata (or sata m.2) you won't notice any difference and nvme is double the price

Can I have an example/picture of the Stata M.2? Thanks for the suggestion :)

I would recommend swapping the CPU for a locked one. Unless you have your heart set on overclocking, it seems like your new to pc building, so I would recommend getting the Ryzen 5 1600. Youll saves a lot of money. I would also change the m.2 into a 2.5" Samsung SSD, here's a good one. https://pcpartpicker.com/product/3kL7YJ/samsung-internal-hard-drive-mz75e250bam

I don't know if you know this but you don't have a case.

1 minute ago, Sound_Barrier said:

I would recommend swapping the CPU for a locked one. Unless you have your heart set on overclocking, it seems like your new to pc building, so I would recommend getting the Ryzen 5 1600. Youll saves a lot of money. I would also change the m.2 into a 2.5" Samsung SSD, here's a good one. https://pcpartpicker.com/product/3kL7YJ/samsung-internal-hard-drive-mz75e250bam

I don't know if you know this but you don't have a case.

Yes, I know I don't have a case. There's really no reason to switch to a 1600, it's only $10 more, and I have the option to overclock. Also, no reason to swap out the m.2 for an SSD. Might cost more, but future-proofing.

Just now, Matonic01 said:

Heres the difference between m.2 and 2.5"

M.2: MZ-V6P2T0BW_001_Front_Black_111816?$prod

2.5" :

samsung_mz_7ke1t0bw_850_pro_1tb_2_5_1063

1 minute ago, Matonic01 said:

the 960 evo is a NVME ssd, it uses pcie rather than sata. It's faster but you don't really notice it unless your doing large workloads.

The 850 evo m.2 would be a better option and quite a bit cheaper, boot times and game load times will be almost the same

Main Rig

Just now, Sound_Barrier said:

Heres the difference between m.2 and 2.5"

M.2: MZ-V6P2T0BW_001_Front_Black_111816?$prod

2.5" :

samsung_mz_7ke1t0bw_850_pro_1tb_2_5_1063

that's the difference between an nvme ssd  and a standard 2.5" ssd

OP, you can get standard sata SSDs in m.2 form, m.2 is a connection type not a transfer type. For example, you can get the 850 evo in a physhical 2.5" form or an m.2 form, they are the same. 

The SSD you chose is not only m.2 but NVME (not sata) which is very expensive and has little performance gain

Main Rig

2 minutes ago, Matonic01 said:

There's really no reason to switch to a 1600, it's only $10 more, and I have the option to overclock. Also, no reason to swap out the m.2 for an SSD. Might cost more, but future-proofing.

You can overclock all Ryzen CPUs. There is no reason to pay a premium to get the same CPU, just without a cooler included. 

M.2 is a form factor. NVMe SSDs don't provide any futureproofing at all. The CPU is the bottleneck in game load times and Windows boot times, so it won't make any difference, neither now, nor in the future

:)

Just now, Armakar said:

that's the difference between an nvme ssd  and a standard 2.5" ssd

OP, you can get standard sata SSDs in m.2 form, m.2 is a connection type not a transfer type. For example, you can get the 850 evo in a physhical 2.5" form or an m.2 form, they are the same. 

The SSD you chose is not only m.2 but NVME (not sata) which is very expensive and has little performance gain

I got them mixed up xD

3 minutes ago, Armakar said:

that's the difference between an nvme ssd  and a standard 2.5" ssd

So the 850 EVO M.2 would suffice? Or should I go with the normal SSD instead?

Looking for suggestions on my build. Going to be playing games such as GTA V, Skyrim, CSGO, PubG, etc. Looking to hopefully get 60 FPS on high settings, and maybe some multitasking. Not looking to spend much more than 800 or 900 USD max on the tower itself, as I have more than that to buy. This is what I have so far, and I am VERY open to suggestions that save me some money without sacrificing power. Thanks!

Build Screenshot

get a cheaper mobo, ram, PSU(but still good) and ssd, use the stock cooler,  and use the money on a 1060 6gb. no case?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

8 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

get a cheaper mobo, ram, PSU(but still good) and ssd, use the stock cooler,  and use the money on a 1060 6gb. no case?

yeah, havent decided on a case yet. You can give me some suggestions if you'd like :P. You really think it's worth downgrading everything else to get a 1060?

1 minute ago, Matonic01 said:

yeah, havent decided on a case yet. You can give me some suggestions if you'd like :P. You really think it's worth downgrading everything else to get a 1060?

a 1600 with a stock cooler can still net a decent OC, the AB350/M Pro4 is cheaper and has better VRMs IIRC, team dark 16gb kit is the same speed and cheaper, you won't find much of a difference between the 960 evo and a cheaper SL308/MX300, and a cheaper CX/M is still good enough for a 1060.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

20 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

a 1600 with a stock cooler can still net a decent OC, the AB350/M Pro4 is cheaper and has better VRMs IIRC, team dark 16gb kit is the same speed and cheaper, you won't find much of a difference between the 960 evo and a cheaper SL308/MX300, and a cheaper CX/M is still good enough for a 1060.

AB350/m Pro4 only has room for 2 RAM Dims, so if I wanted to add more in the future that would come up as an issue. Also, it only has 1 GPU slot. Do you think either of those things may come up as issues later? And a cheaper CX/M? What is that? 

2 minutes ago, Matonic01 said:

AB350/m Pro4 only has room for 2 RAM Dims, so if I wanted to add more in the future that would come up as an issue. Also, it only has 1 GPU slot. Do you think either of those things may come up as issues later? And a cheaper CX/M? What is that? 

that motherboard has 4 slots, only have one GPU slot is enough, the CX/M refers to the power supply.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($189.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Team - Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($139.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial - MX300 275GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($79.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($41.77 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Mini Video Card  ($239.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Fractal Design - Define Mini C TG MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: Rosewill - 550W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($33.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $845.70
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-11-22 20:47 EST-0500

3 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

that motherboard has 4 slots, only have one slot is enough, the CX/M refers to the power supply.

Motherboard: ASRock - AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($41.77 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Mini Video Card  ($239.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Fractal Design - Define Mini C TG MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: Rosewill - 550W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($33.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $845.70
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-11-22 20:47 EST-0500

MOBO is micro-ATX though. Would that make a difference?

Just now, Matonic01 said:

MOBO is micro-ATX though. Would that make a difference?

you lose up to 3 Pci-e expansion slots, but it doesn't matter anyways since you probably only need 2 at the most.

1 minute ago, herman mcpootis said:

you lose up to 3 Pci-e expansion slots, but it doesn't matter anyways since you probably only need 2 at the most.

Ah, alright. Thanks!

for an ATX build:

Motherboard: ASRock - AB350 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Phanteks - ECLIPSE P400 TEMPERED GLASS ATX Mid Tower Case  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $840.70
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-11-22 20:55 EST-0500

1 minute ago, herman mcpootis said:

This is probably a really obvious question, but I've never worked with SSD's, so where on the mobo do they go?