Updated build, suggestions?

Just now, Matonic01 said:

This is probably a really obvious question, but I've never worked with SSD's, so where on the mobo do they go?

for a 2.5' SSD, plug it to your motherboard's sata connector. for an M.2 drive plug it in your motherboard's m.2 slot.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Just now, herman mcpootis said:

for a 2.5' SSD, plug it to your motherboard's sata connector. for an M.2 drive plug it in your motherboard's m.2 slot.

Alrighty. Also, does the GPU being an mini edition have any effect on performance? Usually you see modern GPU's with dual fans.

Alrighty. Also, does the GPU being an mini edition have any effect on performance? Usually you see modern GPU's with dual fans.

it may run hotter, you can spend abit more on a better cooler if you want.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

2 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

it may run hotter, you can spend abit more on a better cooler if you want.

Should I get a heatsink for the CPU since it isss AMD, or should I invest in a decent fan for the GPU?

Should I get a heatsink for the CPU since it isss AMD, or should I invest in a decent fan for the GPU?

the new AMD wraith coolers are pretty good for a stock cooler, no need to spend more on an aftermarket cooler.

39 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

the new AMD wraith coolers are pretty good for a stock cooler, no need to spend more on an aftermarket cooler.

Would any 1060 suffice? An extra $10 and I can get a dual fan one so idk if that'd be worth it.

2 hours ago, Matonic01 said:

So the 850 EVO M.2 would suffice? Or should I go with the normal SSD instead?

It's up to you. M.2 and normal 2.5" SSDs are the same performance, they connect to the motherboard with the same protocol, just different interfaces. Speed wise, they are identical (maybe if we talk milliseconds the m.2 is faster simply because it has no wires). It doesn't matter which you buy, a standard SSD or an m.2 one.

There's M.2 ssds that work through SATA (the same way normal ssds work) and there's M.2 SSDs that work through PCIE (usually NVME, like the 960 pro you chose). I usually go with a standard M.2 ssd because unless you move huge files, NVME isn't noticeable, and unless you want to show off your SSD, I don't like having to use two extra cables.

Main Rig

CPU: Ryzen 2700X 
Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO RGB 360mm Liquid Cooler
Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
RAM: 16GB (2x8) Trident Z RGB 3200MHZ
SSD: Samsung 960 EVO NVME SSD 1TB, Intel 1TB NVME

Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti OC

Case: Phanteks Evolv X
Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Platinum-Rated

Radiator Fans: 3x Corsair ML120
Case Fans: 4x be quiet! Silent Wings 3