Found an HP Omen

hyperj123

Found an HP Omen 24.5" 144hz 1ms response time. $170 usd. I currently have a 1ms monitor but it's only 60hz. Is this good? I'm not worried about viewing angles as I sit directly in front of it. 

144Hz is better than 60Hz and I'm assuming they're both TN seeing as they're 1ms (you should basically ignore the response times BTW, it's mainly just a marketing statistic). For $170 it's a decent deal. 

54 minutes ago, wcreek said:

resolution of both displays?

60hz is fine for most people.

Also what gpu are you using?

I currently game at 1080P and I plan on staying at 1080p for a long time maybe 2 to 3 years. I have a GTX 1060 6 gigabyte model from Asus.

56 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

144Hz is better than 60Hz and I'm assuming they're both TN seeing as they're 1ms (you should basically ignore the response times BTW, it's mainly just a marketing statistic). For $170 it's a decent deal. 

Maybe just a placebo effect but I jump from a standard monitor to a 1ms response time monitor and it was night and day. Additionally I tried gaming on my TV and I had noticeable input lag compared to my 1ms monitor

Just now, hyperj123 said:

Maybe just a placebo effect but I jump from a standard monitor to a 1ms response time monitor and it was night and day. Additionally I tried gaming on my TV and I had noticeable input lag compared to my 1ms monitor

Either placebo effect or something else at play. It's very unlikely the monitor is actually 1ms in the first place, there's a lot of non-standardised testing that can be done to get the results they want. If it is accurate, then the difference between a monitor with 5ms and the 1ms monitor is 0.004 seconds. 

I'm just going to check: How do you feel the monitor improved? Does it feel like there's less of a delay between moving the mouse and the image moving?

12 hours ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Either placebo effect or something else at play. It's very unlikely the monitor is actually 1ms in the first place, there's a lot of non-standardised testing that can be done to get the results they want. If it is accurate, then the difference between a monitor with 5ms and the 1ms monitor is 0.004 seconds. 

I'm just going to check: How do you feel the monitor improved? Does it feel like there's less of a delay between moving the mouse and the image moving?

Oh yeah night and day difference to be honest.