Windows 10: To Activate or Not To Activate...

Hey guys, just wanted peoples opinions on this.

As I understand Windows 10 works bar the Wallpaper/Personalisation settings and with the addition of a “watermark” if it isn’t activated...

So what is the point of buying a license?

With regards to licensing does anyone know the restrictions on language packs for Windows 10?

Does Windows 10 Home not have support of different language packs? 

Is Windows 10 Single Language Edition specific to a language or is that only for certain versions such as the Chinese edition?

2 hours ago, CompuTechish said:

Hey guys, just wanted peoples opinions on this.

As I understand Windows 10 works bar the Wallpaper/Personalisation settings and with the addition of a “watermark” if it isn’t activated...

So what is the point of buying a license?

With regards to licensing does anyone know the restrictions on language packs for Windows 10?

Does Windows 10 Home not have support of different language packs? 

Is Windows 10 Single Language Edition specific to a language or is that only for certain versions such as the Chinese edition?

Updates. Mine wouldn't connect to the Windows Update server until I activated my copy. Besides that and what you mentioned, I really dont think there are many more. I dont think you can view the MS store until you activate, but who the fuck uses the MS store? 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

The watermark is obnoxious as hell.

Also you can get keys for like $30. don't be so stingy 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Due to a bit of a fudge up on my part, my tablet had been upgraded to Win 10 Pro (from home), but the old key (Win 7 Pro) I gave was only rejected after the fact. To return to the Home edition would require a reinstall, so I never bothered.

Updates still work though, and the background can be changed by right clicking a picture and selecting "set as background". The other theme options are off limits, and the watermark are the only ill effects.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…