Motherboard fan connectors

Hi there,

This is my build, to be used exclusively for gaming:

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/yTywNN

I'm a complete novice and full of amateur questions, one of which concerns the motherboard I've chosen. It's the ASRock Z370 Extreme4, and I'm having trouble finding out exactly how many fans it can support without having to buy fan splitters. The ASRock stats page says it has:

- 1 x CPU Fan Connector (4-pin)
- 1 x CPU Optional/Water Pump Fan Connector (4-pin)
- 2 x Chassis Fan Connectors (4-pin) (Smart Fan Speed Control)
- 1 x Chassis Optional/Water Pump Fan Connector (4-pin)

Does this mean it can support four 4-pin case fans and one CPU cooler fan prior to me buying extra fan splitters?

Thanks in advance for any input. Any advice on the build in general would be welcome as well.

As far as I can understand, you're right. 3/4 "Case fans" and 2/1 CPU.

The "CPU Optional Connector" is probably rigged to connect to the CPUs temperature, so you may have to change its fan curve independently.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

From looking at the motherboard, I'm seeing a minimum of 4 connectors (Boxed in red);

• 1 top right of the CPU
  • 1 bottom right of the CPU
  • 2 at the bottom of the motherboard

Mobo.png.a0ae18da355c2df0b5e83ebc3be4da17.png

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

15 hours ago, Imbellis said:

From looking at the motherboard, I'm seeing a minimum of 4 connectors (Boxed in red);

• 1 top right of the CPU
  • 1 bottom right of the CPU
  • 2 at the bottom of the motherboard

Mobo.png.a0ae18da355c2df0b5e83ebc3be4da17.png

Thanks a lot for the input. I'm keen to keep my build cool, so I'll buy perhaps four more 120mm fans in addition to the two supplied with the case and get a fan splitter to set them up. What do you think is the best airflow configuration for them?

15 hours ago, LumpyLenny said:

Thanks a lot for the input. I'm keen to keep my build cool, so I'll buy perhaps four more 120mm fans in addition to the two supplied with the case and get a fan splitter to set them up. What do you think is the best airflow configuration for them?

Why you need so many fans? Just kidding, you have one of worst cases for airflow. Front and bottom intake, top and rear exhaust.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv