[Canada] $3000 Gaming PC + Peripherals

LinuxTechTits

Hey guys! Thanks for clicking on my thread! I've been in university for the past 4 years so I haven't had a chance to dedicate the time to build a great computer. I have been casually gaming on a laptop ever since and I have saved enough money to generously treat myself with a wicked computer for my graduation. I'm in Canada, and I have been closely following sales for parts, but I haven't pulled the trigger on anything yet. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions for a build and peripherals. I'm looking to spend roughly $2200-$2500 on the PC and leave a few hundred for a monitor and speaker. For the monitor, I will want an IPS. 4K would be nice if it works well with a build within my budget. I don't mind 2K though.

What will you be doing with this PC? Be as specific as possible, and include specific games or programs you will be using.

Mostly for everyday gaming, movies, and web browsing. I'm not going to do much video editing or anything. Gaming and internet browsing is mostly what I intend to use it for, though.

What is your maximum budget before rebates/shipping/taxes?

$3000 (CDN)

When do you plan on building/buying the PC? Note: beyond a week or two from today means any build you receive will be out of date when you want to buy.

Within a month or two

What, exactly, do you need included in the budget? (Tower/OS/monitor/keyboard/mouse/etc)

Everything except for: Keyboard and mouse.

Which country (and state/province) will you be purchasing the parts in? If you're in US, do you have access to a Microcenter location?

Ontario, Canada

If reusing any parts (including monitor(s)/keyboard/mouse/etc), what parts will you be reusing? Brands and models are appreciated.

Just a Razer Deathadder Chroma.

Will you be overclocking? If yes, are you interested in overclocking right away, or down the line? CPU and/or GPU?

Overclocking is not too big of a deal to me. If I do, it would be the GPU down the line.

Are there any specific features or items you want/need in the build? (ex: SSD, large amount of storage or a RAID setup, CUDA or OpenCL support, etc)

Would like to have a SSD and HDD. SSD would be used for storing game files, so I prefer maybe 500GB minimum. The HDD should be 1TB-2TB.

Do you have any specific case preferences (Size like ITX/microATX/mid-tower/full-tower, styles, colors, window or not, LED lighting, etc), or a particular color theme preference for the components?

No preference. The parts must fit the case though. I read reviews where some cases don't fit the parts needed and had to go through the hassle of returning it.

Do you need a copy of Windows included in the budget? If you do need one included, do you have a preference?

Yes. I don't mind paying another $100+ for it.

Thanks! I'm not specifically looking to buy the cheapest parts on Black Friday. Of course, I'd be digging around during Black Friday, but not everything has to be purchased during the event.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600X 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor  ($254.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - H5 Universal 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($62.75 @ Amazon Canada) 
Motherboard: Asus - CROSSHAIR VI HERO (WI-FI AC) ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($301.75 @ Vuugo) 
Memory: Corsair - Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($269.99 @ Memory Express) 
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($121.95 @ shopRBC) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($78.25 @ Vuugo) 
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB STRIX GAMING Video Card  ($1006.50 @ Vuugo) 
Case: Fractal Design - Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case  ($114.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($129.99 @ Memory Express) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($116.75 @ Vuugo) 
Case Fan: Corsair - ML120 Pro 75.0 CFM  120mm Fan  ($24.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Monitor: LG - 27UD58-B 27.0" 3840x2160 60Hz Monitor  ($399.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Total: $2882.89
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-11-20 22:18 EST-0500

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor  ($334.50 @ Vuugo) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($46.75 @ Amazon Canada) 
Motherboard: Asus - TUF Z370 Plus Gaming ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($182.99 @ PC Canada) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($234.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Storage: Crucial - MX300 525GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($162.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($78.25 @ Vuugo) 
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB STRIX GAMING Video Card  ($1006.50 @ Vuugo) 
Case: Fractal Design - Define S ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($119.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home Full - USB 32/64-bit  ($144.99 @ PC Canada) 
Monitor: BenQ - BL2711U 27.0" 3840x2160 60Hz Monitor  ($584.00 @ Vuugo) 
Total: $2965.94
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-11-20 23:04 EST-0500

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.