The VIVEs red LED of Death? HELP!!

So, first off hello i guess,

By now im supyer exausted so im gonna try to keep  things short for now.

To begin, these Problems now exist for a few months. About in June/July I first had very weird tracking issues with my Vive. Later that month the base stations started turning off randomly during VR sessions und in about September Steam VR just stopped detecting my Headset AND the base stations. I tried a lot of things to "re-vive" my VIVE (get it?) pretty much except for formatting windows. Nothing worked so I decided to let the VIVE rest for a bit, maybe it'll fix itself over time, or so I thought. Today I wanted to fire it back up and it worked, for about 5 seconds, before the red LED of death turned back on and Steam VR wasnt shwoing any icons anymore, jut as last time. I spent the alst 5 hours searching the internet for solutions and NOTHING worked. I kinda dont wany to format my PC cause I have about 3.5 TB of Steam games installed on it and only a 50k connection so that would take a few weeks, but if it is the last option I'd do it. By now im really debating to RMA that thing and maybe get a new one. At this point im still barely in the warranty (I bought the thing on black friday last year (Nov 25th) so I have 6 days and counting before I may have 800€ of dead plastic in my room. So here's my cry for help, please!! :=)

Basic Specs if you need:

i7 6800k

Rmapage V Edition 10

2x GTX 1080Ti

32GB Corsair Vengance

Thanks, Nick

Steam VR.PNG

2 minutes ago, GameTime007 said:

3.5 TB

Holy shit. My entire PC uses less than 500GB...

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

you have another drive for those games im guessing, if so just disconnect them while reinstalling windows, get everything set back up, power down and plug them in again. you can point Steam at those libraries once you have that installed and it will find all the games

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Thermosman said:

Just RMA, its not worth the risk imo

Thing is, I drilled through my roof to have the cables above my ceiling and it would really be a pain in the ass to get the out of there sice our roof is really flat, but its not a 800€ pain in the ass

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

you have another drive for those games im guessing, if so just disconnect them while reinstalling windows, get everything set back up, power down and plug them in again. you can point Steam at those libraries once you have that installed and it will find all the games

Propably gonna try that this afternoon, but if nothing happens, ill have to RMA that thing tomorrow

Few things I can think of. A the cable. I know that the cable is a common point of death, it's rare but a bad cable can cause issues and I know when mine went a red LED. So try removing the link box, and plugging the cable unds directly into the PC, with the power coming directly from the AC adapter. If you get a signal it is a bad link box, if not time to continue on. Try and plug the Vive without the 3 in 1 cable using either the cables that came with it or ones that'll fit in there.  Next trying the lighthouses, are you able to connect via Bluetooth to check lighthouses status. When my lighthouse had a fault I had to connect via Bluetooth. Sadly the tool needed for this is locked by HTC support and is supposed to only be used in support cases, hence why they will give you a session ID. Continuing on, if the headset has gotten wet (sweat, damage etc) this could have also caused a short. That will need to be repaired by HTC and the warranty doesn't cover water damage. I would recommend contacting HTC Vive support to have them help you. The process is usually painless, and I myself have never had any issues with them. Good Luck