New build for 2018, planning and preparing

Gday fellow computer enthusiasts!

With the new year just around the corner, i'm starting to plan on my next computer build.

Let's call it "The Dark Knight" (yes i'm aware naming inanimate objects are lame) so the theme for this computer will be black/grey

My budget for this build will be around 3000-3200 USD. 

Before we get down to business, i'm planning to start ordering the parts for the build in late March, and start building it in early/mid April.

Since it will be some time before the actual building of the computer will start, this will give me plenty of time to plan this out, which is why I've come here asking for your help!

This computer will be used as a pure gaming rig with awesome SILENT performance in mind, 1440p and even 4k gaming, there is no such thing as overkill.

Getting a computer to be 100% silent is pretty hard, considering you would have to eliminate all moving parts, fans etc.

But I'm looking for almost complete silence. Perhaps an AIO or something in that fashion.

I'd also like to keep within the theme with black/grey parts. A modular PSU is also a most since I'm thinking of getting custom sleeved cables in black/yellow *cough* CableMod.com *cough*

So to start my planning, could the more experienced of you put together a PC parts list for me?

This list will serve as a framework for me to build/plan my computer around. Thoughts and ideas will be much appreciated. 

No peripherals are needed.

Unfortunately I cannot go over budget, so I'd like to keep within the 3000-3200 USD range. 

I'm patiently waiting your answers! :)

EDIT - How would a ATX versus a mATX compare in terms of performance? Any thoughts?

This is way too early to decide which parts to get. New parts come out, so a part list right now won't be that good when you buy the parts. 

As of right now, you can decide between an HEDT platform, SLI 1080 Ti, or a water cooled build. 

Be Quiet has nice looking cases and Noctua has their Chromax line. That should go well together

Edited by seon123
Damn autocorrect

:)

15 minutes ago, Bjernhart said:

But I'm looking for almost complete silence. Perhaps an AIO or something in that fashion.

aio s are not that quiet because they still have fans and the pump is added noise. Just get a big overkill nocutua air cooler

1 hour ago, Colin Donoghue said:

aio s are not that quiet because they still have fans and the pump is added noise. Just get a big overkill nocutua air cooler

How much sound does Noctua fans create in comparison to Be Quiet?

1 hour ago, Bjernhart said:

How much sound does Noctua fans create in comparison to Be Quiet?

I don't have any experience with be quiet fans but there are comparisons on YouTube