RGB Lighting for PC Case

Crunchy Dragon

Hello,

I'm looking at getting some RGB lighting for my computer case when I upgrade, and was wondering if any of you had any recommendations for those.

Thanks in advance

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

4 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I'm looking at getting some RGB lighting for my computer case when I upgrade, and was wondering if any of you had any recommendations for those.

Question do you care about software like Asus Aura or MSI Mystic, etc  ?

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

Just now, Eduard the weeb said:

Question do you care about software like Asus Aura or MSI Mystic, etc  ?

Not particularly, I don't currently have any RGB components(hence the lighting), and I don't plan on upgrading for at least another year

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

Not particularly, I don't currently have any RGB components(hence the lighting), and I don't plan on upgrading for at least another year

ok cool

1- https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAA6P5316085&cm_re=Cable_mod_rgb_magnetic_strips-_-9SIAA6P5316085-_-Product

2-https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811984008&cm_re=RGB_strips-_-11-984-008-_-Product

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

Just now, Cameron_99 said:

Depending on how old your system is, if a mobo upgrade is reasonable, you can get a board with on board RCB controllers like MSI and ASUS make (Eduard mentioned those) but you could also just throw in a third party controller like the NZXT Hue+. Heres a link to that one. https://www.nzxt.com/products/hue-plus

I'm redoing my whole system, the only thing staying from my old one is the hard drive. I did consider Hue+ albeit not as much as I should have....

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I'm redoing my whole system, the only thing staying from my old one is the hard drive. I did consider Hue+ albeit not as much as I should have....

Then personally i would just make sure the board i get comes with on onboard controller. It doesnt make a huge cost increase (though the boards that have it are typically in the mid to higher tiers naturally) and call it a day. Ill be upgrading my board to an Asus Z230 next month since theyre going on sale at newegg for $100. it has Aura baked in so lighting is much easier.

1 minute ago, Cameron_99 said:

Then personally i would just make sure the board i get comes with on onboard controller. It doesnt make a huge cost increase (though the boards that have it are typically in the mid to higher tiers naturally) and call it a day. Ill be upgrading my board to an Asus Z230 next month since theyre going on sale at newegg for $100. it has Aura baked in so lighting is much easier.

Are they really? Hmm, interesting thought, I might go that path as well...

Just now, rip said:

@CableMod makes one of the best rgb strips

I'm looking at those currently haha

Are they really? Hmm, interesting thought, I might go that path as well...

Yeah. the board has RGB headers on it and they work similar to fans. you plug in your strips and Aura will come with some software for you to control everything with. 

+1 for cablemod. Before I ditched Aura for Corsair, that's all I used. Unfortunately Aura in x399 is less than stable.  

Just now, Legendarypoet said:

+1 for cablemod. Before I ditched Aura for Corsair, that's all I used. Unfortunately Aura in x399 is less than stable.  

I'm getting Z170 or Z370(still not completely sure which)

I'm getting Z170 or Z370(still not completely sure which)

Is it a board you already have? Was just looking at new Z170 boards and they're more than I though they'd be new.

Just now, Legendarypoet said:

Is it a board you already have? Was just looking at new Z170 boards and they're more than I though they'd be new.

I'm jumping from the FM2 platform. Enough said I guess lol

I'm jumping from the FM2 platform. Enough said I guess lol

Oh my! Well that's an upgrade if I've ever seen one.

@Crunchy Dragon check out the CableMod WideBeam Magnetic RGB LEDs if you want to go through ASUS Aura. If you get a Z370 board with an addressable 3-pin header you can also check out the CableMod Addressable LEDs. These tether perfectly to the motherboard headers and software for great user control. You can also get our kits as well if you aren't a fan of software controlled solutions. :)

31 minutes ago, CableMod said:

@Crunchy Dragon check out the CableMod WideBeam Magnetic RGB LEDs if you want to go through ASUS Aura. If you get a Z370 board with an addressable 3-pin header you can also check out the CableMod Addressable LEDs. These tether perfectly to the motherboard headers and software for great user control. You can also get our kits as well if you aren't a fan of software controlled solutions. :)

Bit of a dumb question, but will the WideBeam magnets attach to an NZXT S340?