Designer Case

cluelessgenius

so ive been tinkering (hehe) and i got this idea for a pc case that would make it the center piece of the room. i tought about getting some standing speakers for my living rrom when i thought why not present the pc the same way so inspired by these:

HD-Wireless_Lifestyle_1.thumb.jpg.aa3e17ae277a484fd3b03fc9dc71eb80.jpg

i made a rough sketch of this:

1.PNG.db28649641bb878e16a83ee3c1cfb863.PNG2.PNG.fe1cb9618f5c5f854d69bed1fceb7e9c.PNG

3.PNG.b785b91c522189d4acac98f2e59faa55.PNG5.PNG.ab7438406d1be845434367c56eda37a1.PNG4.PNG.9c7529606a8ab4e580489e69c81cb351.PNG

its 30x30x100cm and the basic idea was to have the top with mobo and gpu under a glass case and to have the bottom wrapped in some type of cloth to allow airflow.

the mid section houses psu, reservoir/pump and hdd cage and basically anything else you dont want to see and the bottom could possibly fit 4 rads. the dimensions i used for the rads are 4x140. those should be proportional to alphacool monsta 560s. 

obviously the cooling is overkill but it would fit and i didnt want to leave that space blank. also  one could add quick disconnects and share the cooling with another system or something.

so what do guys think? yeahy? neyh? any creative input?

its not like im gonna actually build it anytime soon unless someone requests it. after all im not even done yet with my current rig idea. its just an idea i had.

this link takes you to the latest 3d modell but it may look broken sometimes if im working on it since it updates everytime i save the modell and the modell saves automaically everytime i move anything

https://www.tinkercad.com/things/i5GkYnYU02y

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Not my type of build, but you did a good job. Nice.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

I like it but it would be better if it was able do fit like an Matx board for SLI (when u have this much rad surface why not go overkill). Imagine a 7960X dual 1080ti presented like that with minimal noise at full power.

Main PC

i7 7820X @4.5Ghz/Asus X299 TUF Mark I/GSkill TridentZ RGB 4x8GB 3000MHz/MSI GTX980Ti Gaming 6G/960 Pro 512GB/850 Evo 500GB/2x2TB HDD/Enthoo Evolv TG/H115i w/HD140s/Corsair HX 850i

Other PCs

i7 3930K/16GB DDR3 1866Mhz/Big Bang Xpower II/MSI GTX 760 TF 2GB/BQ DP P8 1000W/850 Evo 250GB/2TB WD HDD

i5 6600K/BQ Dark Rock 3/16GB Vengeance LPX/ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming/Intel 120GB SSD/GTX 1060 Strix/1TB HDD/Corsair RM650

R5 1600/8GB Vengeance LPX 2666Mhz/ASUS B350F Strix Gaming/ GTX 1050Ti Strix/850 Evo 250GB/1TB HDD/BQ 530W

Notebook Lenovo Ideapad 710S 6500U/8GB/256GB NVMe

Peasant gaming stuff PS3/PS4 Pro/PSP/PS Vita

2 minutes ago, reapzzer said:

I like it but it would be better if it was able do fit like an Matx board for SLI (when u have this much rad surface why not go overkill). Imagine a 7960X dual 1080ti presented like that with minimal noise at full power.

right and i see your point but...

right now i would place the gpu behind the mobo with a riser not to obstruct the view of the mobo

also that gpu in the render is measured by the zotac arcticstorm mini. 

so if i go bigger mobo or any other gpu really i would have to size up the footprint of the case and it wont look the same for matx id have to go to at least 40x40 and i fear that gonna bit a bit big.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Looks interesting (in a good way)

A fiew questions - the motherboard io, where would that end up? Assuming you'd just wire what you need (or maybe everything?) to the side of it.

How powerful would the pump need to be? how loud would it get?

How stable would it be? 30x30cm isn't much when the weight is spread out all over the place. (bump proof?)

Since you're gonna mount some things in the bottom, is the inner resistance of the wires gonna cause any problems?

Something.

6 minutes ago, Twomuch said:

Looks interesting (in a good way)

A fiew questions - the motherboard io, where would that end up? Assuming you'd just wire what you need (or maybe everything?) to the side of it.

well the idea was to have whole top plate (except mounting pillars for mobo and gpu) basically be a giant rubber/cloth grommet for routing cable directly down into the mid section

How powerful would the pump need to be? how loud would it get?

well i dont know about loud but if you get a dual d5 pump res i think that should take care of it.

How stable would it be? 30x30cm isn't much when the weight is spread out all over the place. (bump proof?)

well yeah since those fat rads are also filled with water and at the bottom i assume it should be save but if not one could think about a steel plate at the bottom to stabilize it.

Since you're gonna mount some things in the bottom, is the inner resistance of the wires gonna cause any problems?

sorry i have no clue what you mean by that could you elaborate?

34 minutes ago, reapzzer said:

im right now thinking about how i could make matx and sli work ;)

Ooh, nice idea to decorate your room. 

Show us a picture when you are finish.

13 minutes ago, Bcat00 said:

Ooh, nice idea to decorate your room. 

Show us a picture when you are finish.

:D dude i think you misread im not planning on actually building it anytime soon expect maybe if someone really wants me (and pay for it)

6 minutes ago, iiNNeX said:

That's an awesome living room man

:D dude thats an image straight off of klipsch website. im not saying that mine (yet) i just thought the person that appreciates dsign like that might also like a pc case that fits that style

sooo i made a matx sli version-ish i rotated everything 90° counter clockwise so it would still fit the 30x30.

i also changed the mobo to be 24.4x24.4 as per matx standard and changed the gpu to the measurements of the 1080ti strix by asus (man those are some long cards). 

for that to fit i had to make the glass 10 cm higher to where its now a perfect 30x30x30 cube and i have sunk the mobo and gpus partly into the mid section (havent drawn in the cut-outs yet) that also allows to hide the io of them better

6.PNG.16a243053777d135f235cee6f98ae4f4.PNG

7.PNG.36ea58db96d38e02dfcf01ebcf8ccdfd.PNG

8.PNG.9e42d8ec14ac8d5efb391d540c4fd920.PNG

what do you think?

oh and then obviously the whole thing is now 110cm tall :P

here is the link to the 3d modell if anyones interested:

https://www.tinkercad.com/things/i5GkYnYU02y

Cool but overkill and useless. All the space below would be wasted. Maybe someone could mod a speaker box to hold a PC too? Seems way easier. 

(And kudos to the nice CAD work). 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

1 minute ago, IKnight said:

Cool but overkill and useless. All the space below would be wasted. Maybe someone could mod a speaker box to hold a PC too? Seems way easier. 

(And kudos to the nice CAD work). 

:D well i wouldnt call it CAD (even though its called tinkercad). the modelling tool im using is originally meant for 3d printing designs but its web based, precise and very easy to use so i like it for giving my random idea a face.

i know filling the empty space with rads its kinda useless and overkill but speakers i think would also be a bad idea because all dat bass is gonna mess with your hardline tubing and hardware in general.

one thing i thought of would be to put a way less cool looking server downstairs or something

2 hours ago, cluelessgenius said:

sooo i made a matx sli version-ish i rotated everything 90° counter clockwise so it would still fit the 30x30.

-snip-

what do you think?

oh and then obviously the whole thing is now 110cm tall :P

Personally not a fan of how it's angled like that. Everything else is either 90º or 45º, and then yoiu have the GPU's just at 22.5º (it looks, i didnt measure) jsut doesnt aesthetically match

Additionally, I'd vertically mount the MOBO as well, less cable connections showing for the I/O (no way to really hide the 24pin, 8 pin connectors, probably also at least one SATA connector unless you used m.2 for OS and NAS for storage

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Also might want to rename your case, less Thermaltake sues you fort copyright infringement :P 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

16 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Personally not a fan of how it's angled like that. Everything else is either 90º or 45º, and then yoiu have the GPU's just at 22.5º (it looks, i didnt measure) jsut doesnt aesthetically match

Additionally, I'd vertically mount the MOBO as well, less cable connections showing for the I/O (no way to really hide the 24pin, 8 pin connectors, probably also at least one SATA connector unless you used m.2 for OS and NAS for storage

thanks for the input ill make it less random angles and see how that looks.

im not sure what you mean for the gpu though. they are already rotated so you cant see the display ports

6 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Also might want to rename your case, less Thermaltake sues you fort copyright infringement :P 

what the hell thermaltake has a case like this already or what are you saying

6 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

i swear its an original design (as far as i know) :D

7 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

ah shit! i just looked it up... but come on  you cant copyright "the" "tower" like those are basic words fuck me ill change it fine. only to what?...hmm the tower 9000? :D the über tower? :D the "better than thermalcake"-tower? :D towergeddon? :D 

5 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

im not sure what you mean for the gpu though. they are already rotated so you cant see the display ports

Mobo, not GPU ;) 

2 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

ah shit! i just looked it up... but come on  you cant copyright "the" "tower" like those are basic words fuck me ill change it fine. only to what?...hmm the tower 9000? :D the über tower? :D the "better than thermalcake"-tower? :D towergeddon? :D 

The Re-wot (tower spelled backwards)

kappa.png

5 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

You should name it the ...

...tower.

It reminds of museum pieces that people steal in movies

5 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Mobo, not GPU ;) 

The Re-wot (tower spelled backwards)

kappa.png

yeah the mobo is also already rotated so you cant see the io

yeah i fexed the name by you using the russian letter Я ("ya") which looks like a backwards R sooo should be enough i think :D

Just now, cluelessgenius said:

yeah the mobo is also already rotated so you cant see the io

*facepalm* was looking at the old renders  :D 

3 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

:D im sorry if it gets on your nerves im trying to somehow communicate the way i would say it including breaks

5 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

...tower.

It reminds of museum pieces that people steal in movies