GTX 1060 3gb or GTX 1050 ti

LiCoHi

Hi can anyone help me, I can't decide on a graphics card fo my first pc. My budget for a gpu is $240 USD maximum and I want a gpu that will last at least 2-3 years without upgrading, the lowest price I could find for a GTX 1060 3gb is $243 USD and the 6gb version costs around $350 to $400 USD in my area(pc specs: core i5 7500, 8gb ddr4 2133 Mhz and a 500w psu) by the way if 3gb vram is insufficient in the future I am comfortable with lowering the detail settings or resolution

1060 3gb.

It's over/around 50% faster~.

However, save a Month more for the 6gb model...

3 minutes ago, LiCoHi said:

Hi can anyone help me, I can't decide on a graphics card fo my first pc. My budget for a gpu is $240 USD maximum and I want a gpu that will last at least 2-3 years without upgrading, the lowest price I could find for a GTX 1060 3gb is $243 USD (pc specs: core i5 7500, 8gb ddr4 2133 Mhz and a 500w psu)

a gtx 1060 is always better than a 1050 but a 1060 6gb is not that much more, as you can see

ask me about your system builds, AIO's, CPU's, PSU's, and GPU's.

Want to build yourself a NAS? Check here!

9 minutes ago, Darkseth said:

1060 3gb.

It's over/around 50% faster~.

However, save a Month more for the 6gb model...

100% the 1060, however, like @Darkseth said, save a bit longer for that 6gb version... I saved for an extra month and i am so glad i did...

Case: Lian-Li PC-011 Dynamic  CPUi7-7700k (4.8ghz) CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Case Fans: 5x ML120 RGB / 2x LL120  GPU: Aorus RTX 2080 Xtreme Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 (3200mhz) Storage: 2x 1TB SG Barracuda, 128gb BiWin M.2 SSD PSU: Corsair RM650x OS: Windows 10 

23 minutes ago, Jaminahat said:

100% the 1060, however, like @Darkseth said, save a bit longer for that 6gb version... I saved for an extra month and i am so glad i did...

Getting the 6gb version would literally turn my first build into my dream pc, however I'm only a kid and where I live theres a huge price increase on the 1060 6gb so how long would 3gb vram last and do I have any other options

3gb is okay, but you might have to sacrafice Texture settings quite a bit.

Instead of Ultra / High, you might be forced to go down to Medium or even Low. For some heavy games, or future games.

How is the Price of a RX 570 4gb?

Some modern games use over 4GB. But I don't know what the performance hit is of some of those textures being swapped into system RAM.

On 11/14/2017 at 7:20 PM, LiCoHi said:

Getting the 6gb version would literally turn my first build into my dream pc, however I'm only a kid and where I live theres a huge price increase on the 1060 6gb so how long would 3gb vram last and do I have any other options

Trust me, don't buy something that you arent 100% happy with, save up some extra cash and make it your dream build. Else you will just end up wasting more money and buying new parts a few months down the line. May aswell just get exactly what you want in the first place.

Case: Lian-Li PC-011 Dynamic  CPUi7-7700k (4.8ghz) CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Case Fans: 5x ML120 RGB / 2x LL120  GPU: Aorus RTX 2080 Xtreme Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 (3200mhz) Storage: 2x 1TB SG Barracuda, 128gb BiWin M.2 SSD PSU: Corsair RM650x OS: Windows 10