HELP PC WONT POST

SwordsofAnarchy

I had tried to over lock my pc and it wouldn't post so I cleared the bios with the jumper and then turned it on waiting a little bit turned it off then took the jumper off the pins and it still won't post

I just cleared the bios of my PC after it wouldn't post after over clocking I used the jumper and it still won't post help 

Is everything plugged in properly? thats usually the first thing to check

take out the CMOS battery for 5 minutes

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

7 minutes ago, SwordsofAnarchy said:

I just cleared the bios of my PC after it wouldn't post after over clocking I used the jumper and it still won't post help 

Which board do you have?

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

1 minute ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Which board do you have?

AsRock ABM350 Pro4

6 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

take out the CMOS battery for 5 minutes

you only need to take it out for 30 seconds or so...but you must unplug the PC from the wall and hold the power switch to make sure it's fullly drained.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

2 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

you only need to take it out for 30 seconds or so...but you must unplug the PC from the wall and hold the power switch to make sure it's fullly drained.

I have it fully unplugged and such but I can't seem to get the battery out 

1 minute ago, SwordsofAnarchy said:

I have it fully unplugged and such but I can't seem to get the battery out 

The battery has a little clip holding it in.  Need to use your fingernail to move the clip out of the way to facilitate removing the battery.

You don't need to wait five minutes after removing the batter "IF" you unplug the PC from the wall, remove the battery and then press the power switch on the front of the machine a few times until the lights on the mobo go out.  Those LED's will drain any caps still holding a charge after unplugging and removing the battery.

1 minute ago, kb5zue said:

The battery has a little clip holding it in.  Need to use your fingernail to move the clip out of the way to facilitate removing the battery.

You don't need to wait five minutes after removing the batter "IF" you unplug the PC from the wall, remove the battery and then press the power switch on the front of the machine a few times until the lights on the mobo go out.  Those LED's will drain any caps still holding a charge after unplugging and removing the battery.

Ok so once I have done that when should I put the battery back in?

2 minutes ago, SwordsofAnarchy said:

Ok so once I have done that when should I put the battery back in?

Correct, then when the machine boots, go into the BIOS and set it to defaults without any overclocking or stuff like that.  Before any OC or stuff like that, we just want to get the machine to boot in to a normal windows environment.  That way we know it works before we make any changes, etc.

4 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

Correct, then when the machine boots, go into the BIOS and set it to defaults without any overclocking or stuff like that.  Before any OC or stuff like that, we just want to get the machine to boot in to a normal windows environment.  That way we know it works before we make any changes, etc.

I still can't get it out I try to use that little pin thing to get it out but I just doesn't seem to move the slightest bit

Threads merged and moved to the Troubleshooting section.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Just now, wkdpaul said:

Threads merged and moved to the Troubleshooting section.

Ok

2 minutes ago, SwordsofAnarchy said:

Ok

These short videos will give you an idea on how to get it out.

4 minutes ago, SwordsofAnarchy said:

YOU ARE A LIVE SAVER I DONT KNOW HOW TO THANK YOU FOR WHAT YOU JUST DID 

Just glad to help.