Battle of the ti's

Chennaiyen

Which GTX 1080ti would you recommend for a new build? Pairing with intel i7 8700k. Thanks!

Evga FTW3

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

EVGA FTW3 also... but seriously they are all good. 

Reference model will run a bit hotter though.

AMD Ryzen 1700x

ASRock x370 Taichi

Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB GDDR4 3200

EVGA GTX 1080 Ti K|NGP|N

Fractal Meshify C

Samsung Evo 960 Nvme M.2 500gb & WD Blue 1TB

Corsair TX850M Gold

Alienware AW2518H 240Hz Gsync

Audioengine A2+ & Sennheiser HD6xx /w Fiio K5 Pro

Deepcool Captain 240Pro V2

Vortex Race 3 Cherry Mx Red

Corsair Vengeance M65 PRO RGB

they're all about equivalent

go for whatever you think looks best

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

Oh that was easy :D

Then I will wait for which Z370 MOBO you guys recommend so that I can have a RGB sync :D 

12 minutes ago, Chennaiyen said:

Oh that was easy :D

Then I will wait for which Z370 MOBO you guys recommend so that I can have a RGB sync :D 

If you want RGB syncing go with a Strix 1080 ti+Some sort of Asus mobile (not sure how high you're willing to go but the X Hero is a good choice)

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

Just now, DocSwag said:

If you want RGB syncing go with a Strix 1080 ti+Some sort of Asus mobile (not sure how high you're willing to go but the X Hero is a good choice)

@DocSwag Asus Maximus X will be my budget limit nothing more than that price range. I like the MSI pro carbon, has WIFI and below $200. But, the 1080ti is not very appealing with the red theme it has on it.  

There are pretty much just 3 types.

Stock blower cooler, its ok but youll lose some performance and get some noise when overclocked. Might be better for some tiny cases.

Beefy open cooler, will keep the gpu cool even when overclocked without too much noise. Some may offer rgb lighting or enhanced LN2 cooling etc.

Hybrid water cooled, will run very quiet and cool under full load and heat can be directed outward. Usually not alot of extra performance gain though.

Personally I like the hybrid cooled trend. On such an expensive card it is only ~10 % extra cost for a tangible benefit.

Maybe consider it if you have a free 120mm mount.

2 minutes ago, Rolling Potatoe said:

There are pretty much just 3 types.

Stock blower cooler, its ok but youll lose some performance and get some noise when overclocked. Might be better for some tiny cases.

Beefy open cooler, will keep the gpu cool even when overclocked without too much noise. Some may offer rgb lighting or enhanced LN2 cooling etc.

Hybrid water cooled, will run very quiet and cool under full load and heat can be directed outward. Usually not alot of extra performance gain though.

Personally I like the hybrid cooled trend. On such an expensive card it is only ~10 % extra cost for a tangible benefit.

Maybe consider it if you have a free 120mm mount.

@Rolling Potatoe, I am confused. Which brand to go for choosing a GTX 1080ti and a Z370 MOBO? 

13 minutes ago, Chennaiyen said:

@DocSwag Asus Maximus X will be my budget limit nothing more than that price range. I like the MSI pro carbon, has WIFI and below $200. But, the 1080ti is not very appealing with the red theme it has on it.  

You could also go for a cheaper Asus mobo, like one of the strix ones (though they have some LLC issues)

If you wanna go the MSI route there is the lightning z but it's out of stock right now and kinda expensive :/ 

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

1 minute ago, DocSwag said:

You could also go for a cheaper Asus mobo, like one of the strix ones (though they have some LLC issues)

If you wanna go the MSI route there is the lightning z but it's out of stock right now and kinda expensive :/ 

That looks Sweet, din know that model was RGB. That will be my GTX if its a MSI MOBO. Thanks!

If money is a non issue 

Msi lightning 

EVGA kingpin

RGB kings

Asus Strix(my favourite and as a result in my build) 

Msi trio X

EVGA ftw3

Overclocking

Msi lightning

Asus poseidon

EVGA Kingpin 

I have heard great things about this oneScreenshot_20171111-071004.thumb.png.466c540a6d5941d53b4a6eeab67b0b60.png

Screenshot_20171111-071004.png

8 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Galax actually makes the fastest ones, but they're a bitch to get because of cost backed by the fact that only Galax sells them in limited stock.

I like the Galax Very much until my build turn from white to black theme. Damn!

6 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Ya, their current one has 2 clocks one at 1.6 until you turn the OC boost on which is 2.

I wish they had the same design in Black. 

18 minutes ago, Scitesh said:

If money is a non issue 

Msi lightning 

EVGA kingpin

RGB kings

Asus Strix(my favourite and as a result in my build) 

Msi trio X

EVGA ftw3

Overclocking

Msi lightning

Asus poseidon

EVGA Kingpin 

I have heard great things about this oneScreenshot_20171111-071004.thumb.png.466c540a6d5941d53b4a6eeab67b0b60.png

Screenshot_20171111-071004.png

WOW! this look good! But the price is too high for me . 

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

Ya, I prefer red and black yet hate MSI.  So, when I need that I go for thermaltake fans, gigabyte or asus mobos, and whatever card is usually black or black and red that isn't MSI.  xD  Currently rocking an R9 Fury from Sapphire for 1080p 144hz for arena shooters.  When 4k is better priced I will go for a card that can pull 144hz or more.

True! Even I do not prefer the red & black MSI GTXs. For me its too much red. 

38 minutes ago, Chennaiyen said:

That looks Sweet, din know that model was RGB. That will be my GTX if its a MSI MOBO. Thanks!

Only problem is getting a hold of it :/ 

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

For me I avoid MSI because of horrid customer service and unreliable products.  Had an Armor Edition RX 480 that got way too hot all the time causing the room to heat it up.  Had motherboard that had a PCIe lane fall off in transit on a brand new mobo which is a known flaw apparently.  And, their rebate department ignores people.

Oh! Thats something to think about when deciding. 

6 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Only problem is getting a hold of it :/ 

You are right! Couldn't find it online. 

On 11/11/2017 at 7:35 AM, Chennaiyen said:

Oh! Thats something to think about when deciding. 

If you are in India, 

Asus and gigabyte have exceptional service and support, Ps :experience Wrt Mumbai and Delhi

On 11/12/2017 at 5:31 AM, Scitesh said:

If you are in India, 

Asus and gigabyte have exceptional service and support, Ps :experience Wrt Mumbai and Delhi

Thanks! But I am not in India. 

• 4 weeks later...

Ordered a EVGA FTW DT GPU for a good deal$709, Asus maximus X wifi and the EVGA 280mm AIO cooler. Thanks guys!