RMA Questions

Hi All

So I just submitted my first ever RMA to EVGA because the new 1070 I just bought doesn't want to work properly and i've tried everything!

I have a few questions and I wondered if anyone can help from experience with EU EVGA Support?

-Firstly, is it true that I will have to pay to ship them the broken 1070? (seems a bit unfair considering that I just spent £400 on their card :o)

- Secondly, any idea how long the process may take if anyone has had to do an EU EVGA RMA before? (Being without a GPU is killing me!)

- And last but not least is it true that they send refurbished cards as replacements? (Was kinda hoping that I would get a new one, as I might aswell of just got a used card from Ebay if so o.O

Thanks! 

12 minutes ago, Pearsonia said:

Hi All

So I just submitted my first ever RMA to EVGA because the new 1070 I just bought doesn't want to work properly and i've tried everything!

I have a few questions and I wondered if anyone can help from experience with EU EVGA Support?

-Firstly, is it true that I will have to pay to ship them the broken 1070? (seems a bit unfair considering that I just spent £400 on their card :o)

- Secondly, any idea how long the process may take if anyone has had to do an EU EVGA RMA before? (Being without a GPU is killing me!)

- And last but not least is it true that they send refurbished cards as replacements? (Was kinda hoping that I would get a new one, as I might aswell of just got a used card from Ebay if so o.O

Thanks! 

Call their service desk, and tell them you would like to setup an RMA. They should email you a pre-paid shipping label (at least they did for my 1080 Ti). You will have had to already register your GPU to your EVGA account prior to doing this, so that they can already have your address on file.

As for the process, the entire process took me about 10 days from start to finish. That is counting the time it took me to send my GPU out, have it shipped to EVGA, for them to take a look at it, and for them to send me a brand new card in return and it arrive in my hands. Now, it's unlikely you will get a brand new card (my 1080 Ti Hybrid FTW3 kinda just came out at the time of my RMA, so they had no used/refurb cards to give me) but regardless of whether or not the card is new, they will open it up to test it and verify that it works to send to you.

Keep all of your accessories that came with your GPU. So the poster, the stickers, any additional cables, keep all of that. Also keep the I/O port covers, as the card they ship will have all of that removed prior to them shipping the replacement. As for your desire to have a new card, worry not. Your original warranty transfers over to the used/refurb card as well, so if you have say, 3 years remaining, you will be able to utilize those years on the used/refurb unit they send out. On top of that, EVGA will also offer to extend that warranty for a decent price ($30 for 5 more years is a bit overkill, so I didn't utilize it myself). 

If you have any additional questions, let me know and I will try to answer. Your best bet is to certainly call them though, as it's your best chance of getting the most information and for getting them to send you a pre-paid label. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

14 minutes ago, MageTank said:

Call their service desk, and tell them you would like to setup an RMA. They should email you a pre-paid shipping label (at least they did for my 1080 Ti). You will have had to already register your GPU to your EVGA account prior to doing this, so that they can already have your address on file.

As for the process, the entire process took me about 10 days from start to finish. That is counting the time it took me to send my GPU out, have it shipped to EVGA, for them to take a look at it, and for them to send me a brand new card in return and it arrive in my hands. Now, it's unlikely you will get a brand new card (my 1080 Ti Hybrid FTW3 kinda just came out at the time of my RMA, so they had no used/refurb cards to give me) but regardless of whether or not the card is new, they will open it up to test it and verify that it works to send to you.

Keep all of your accessories that came with your GPU. So the poster, the stickers, any additional cables, keep all of that. Also keep the I/O port covers, as the card they ship will have all of that removed prior to them shipping the replacement. As for your desire to have a new card, worry not. Your original warranty transfers over to the used/refurb card as well, so if you have say, 3 years remaining, you will be able to utilize those years on the used/refurb unit they send out. On top of that, EVGA will also offer to extend that warranty for a decent price ($30 for 5 more years is a bit overkill, so I didn't utilize it myself). 

If you have any additional questions, let me know and I will try to answer. Your best bet is to certainly call them though, as it's your best chance of getting the most information and for getting them to send you a pre-paid label. 

Thanks, that's really helpful!

I'll let you know if I have any questions :)

Go for store first. In Europe larger companies prefer stores to handle RMA. That or going to local partner. Shipping is cheaper or non-existent (they pay shipping back if it the reason was correct).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Go for store first. In Europe larger companies prefer stores to handle RMA. That or going to local partner. Shipping is cheaper or non-existent (they pay shipping back if it the reason was correct).

Good point, I forgot to mention this. If the product is still within it's natural return period for the store (or you purchased a warranty from the store themselves), they will likely exchange the unit no questions asked. 

@Pearsonia definitely take @LoGiCalDrm's advice first, as it will be your best bet for obtaining a new in-box card with the least amount of waiting. 

Hiya guys @MageTank @LoGiCalDrm thanks for all the info. I contacted Scan yesterday (the retailer) and am going to RMA through them. EVGA basically told me that I either pay shipping or don't RMA through them which I think is really unfair as their product is broken and its as if it's my fault but hey ho! Scan sent me a drop off point label within half an hour of the request!

1 minute ago, Pearsonia said:

Hiya guys @MageTank @LoGiCalDrm thanks for all the info. I contacted Scan yesterday (the retailer) and am going to RMA through them. EVGA basically told me that I either pay shipping or don't RMA through them which I think is really unfair as their product is broken and its as if it's my fault but hey ho! Scan sent me a drop off point label within half an hour of the request!

Its not unfair. Its standard procedure. Before they get product, they can't tell if its legit broken or not. And shipping to another country or oversees is expensive to companies too. People would be scamming them if they'd pay for shipping.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Its not unfair. Its standard procedure. Before they get product, they can't tell if its legit broken or not. And shipping to another country or oversees is expensive to companies too. People would be scamming them if they'd pay for shipping.

I can imagine a lot of people miss diagnose/scam so it does make some sense when you put it that way. But when you've just spent so much on a card the last thing you want is to pay even more on top of it being broken! Surely they should instead charge people when they get it if its not actually broken, that way the customer pays nothing if they're correct? 

14 minutes ago, Pearsonia said:

I can imagine a lot of people miss diagnose/scam so it does make some sense when you put it that way. But when you've just spent so much on a card the last thing you want is to pay even more on top of it being broken! Surely they should instead charge people when they get it if its not actually broken, that way the customer pays nothing if they're correct? 

If they don't find anything wrong, they will send it back and customer pays fee both ways. Some companies refund shipping to them if claim was legit. But in general doing these through stores is just easier/cheaper. I've only done once directly with company, but in that case it was much cheaper than sending item to store in Japan.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

57 minutes ago, Pearsonia said:

That is unfortunate to hear. Sounds like EVGA operates differently internationally than what they do here in the states. They took my 1080 Ti back no questions asked. I even dremeled the shroud, tombstone'd a capacitor behind the backplate, and they still sent me a card without any hassle, paying shipping both ways. 

7 hours ago, MageTank said:

That is unfortunate to hear. Sounds like EVGA operates differently internationally than what they do here in the states. They took my 1080 Ti back no questions asked. I even dremeled the shroud, tombstone'd a capacitor behind the backplate, and they still sent me a card without any hassle, paying shipping both ways. 

EVGA is US company. Unless they have support center or major importer in country, it becomes very expensive to ship anything around. Sure thing in here many online stores have national free shipping for returns and RMA because its cheap. But none would do it for oversees customers.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv