Dell Inspiron Gaming 7567 Randomly Restarting

Good evening,

I got a Dell Inspiron Gaming 7567 laptop back in September but I have recently ran into a problem. It seems like when I am using the battery the laptop will randomly restart. I can not seem to point out how I cause the computer to restart, sometimes I'm just using YouTube, and other times I might be playing a game. This does not happen often, but it has happened a few times. I've read where it could be an overheating issue, but I thought this thing had good heat management or whatever. I still have this under a warranty, but it is a good hour drive to the nearest Best Buy and I don't have time to make a trip. Also I know precisely jack about computers so I'm sorry if this is sounds like a stupid question.

Overheating can be an issue. It would be best to check the actual temperature. I recommend using Core Temp to check the temperatures. Download: http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

"May your frame rates be high and your temperatures low"

I misread titles/posts way too often--correct me if I don't.

6 minutes ago, Jasun said:

Overheating can be an issue. It would be best to check the actual temperature. I recommend using Core Temp to check the temperatures. Download: http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

I downloaded it and when I ran it they all seemed to run at about 50 degree Celsius so I don't know if that is normal, I have attached an image of that it said. 

Screenshot (8).png

5 minutes ago, CUDA_Cores said:

Upgrade your CPU cooler to something like the hyper 21.... Wait, this isn't a desktop. xD

Yeah I don't know look at overheating first. 

I would have gotten a desktop, but next year I'm going to college. I know what you're thinking "Just take your desktop to college", but I want to go to the Citadel and I can bet my middle nut that I ain't gonna be allowed to take a desktop there.

that's normal, my 7567 i5 runs at 50-60 idle, and peaks around 78C under load. no crashing or restarts!

Alright so here is the plan, I’m going to restore my laptop back to November the third and see what happens. It seems like if something is broke then restarting it will work. It might be a few days till I will know if it happen again so I hope it is just some kind of issue that will fix.

This is somewhat late, since I was somewhat busy this week, anyways, a reset should help. 

But I have another suggestion, run a cpu intensive benchmark and keep track of the temps when running it. If anything seems out of place (crazy temperatures--85 degrees plus), then just report back here and if you still have the warranty, just ask the Dell peoples to see what's up. 

"May your frame rates be high and your temperatures low"

I misread titles/posts way too often--correct me if I don't.

• 2 months later...

I have exactly same problem on my dell 7567,i bought this only 3 months ago.if u solve this problem pleasae contact me

Have you guys actually checked the logs (eventvwr.msc) on these laptops? 

For those that are unfamiliar, this tool literally tells you why stuff happens on your computer (....most of the time - this is still a Microsoft product...)

2 hours ago, Farden said:

Have you guys actually checked the logs (eventvwr.msc) on these laptops? 

For those that are unfamiliar, this tool literally tells you why stuff happens on your computer (....most of the time - this is still a Microsoft product...)

after your command,i look at this eventvwr.msc (i have not know what is it by the way ) and i think the problem appears there,but i dont know how im gonna fix it or what should i do 

56 minutes ago, agah said:

after your command,i look at this eventvwr.msc (i have not know what is it by the way ) and i think the problem appears there,but i dont know how im gonna fix it or what should i do 

Make sure you are looking at the right logs, you most likely want to be looking at the 'System' section and check the logs around the correct time for when the laptop last rebooted itself then take a screenshot and post it here, I may be able to offer some suggestions.

Im using my computer different language so if i upload screenshot u cant understand it probably.but the problem is defined as Kernel-Power 41 issue.i read the problem description and it was my problem therefore i think its correct problem.after some searching,i close the mark which ''restart when the issue occur'' where computer settings and im waiting for now.I hope it fix this

3 minutes ago, agah said:

Im using my computer different language so if i upload screenshot u cant understand it probably.but the problem is defined as Kernel-Power 41 issue.i read the problem description and it was my problem therefore i think its correct problem.after some searching,i close the mark which ''restart when the issue occur'' where computer settings and im waiting for now.I hope it fix this

Okay, well good luck.

If not, post the 0x error codes at least, we might still be able to figure something out.

2 minutes ago, Farden said:

Okay, well good luck.

If not, post the 0x error codes at least, we might still be able to figure something out.

thank u so much,if its not fix,im gonna reach you :)

yeah it happened again today :( where can i found 0x error codes ?